International Task Force on Child Protection
The International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) was formed in April 2014 to help international school communities address child protection challenges. Now a coalition of 90+ volunteers, the task force includes leaders of international education organisations, school leaders, counsellors and teachers, working collaboratively across professions with law enforcement officials and the medical community.
Founding Members of the International Task Force on Child Protection
- Jane Larsson, Executive Director, Council of International Schools (Chair)
- Colin Bell, Executive Director, Council of British International Schools
- Deborah Welch, Executive Director, Academy of International School Heads
- Christine Brown, Regional Education Officer for Europe, U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Schools
- Yolanda Murphy-Barrena, Executive Director, Association for the Advancement of International Education
- Paul DeMinico, Vice-President, International Schools Services
- Kevin Ruth, Executive Director, ECIS
Review the Education Portal
International Task Force on Child Protection and the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children have joined forces to provide resources on how to prevent and respond to child abuse, neglect and sexual exploitation wherever you are in the world. The Education Portal hosts a wealth of information for adults working with children and youth, as well as for parents, teens and children.
CIS CHILD PROTECTION WORKSHOPs
A CIS initiative to prepare international school communities for the implementation of newly adopted Accreditation Standards for Child Protection
CIS has enlisted a team of child protection experts to work in collaboration with our team as we educate and support you, through two-day workshops for leaders, counsellors and teachers, in preparation for the global implementation of core Accreditation Standards for Child Protection.
- CIS Workshop | Amsterdam - 13 & 14 October 2016
- CIS Workshop | Dubai - 20 & 21 November 2016
- CIS Workshop | New York - 11 & 12 March 2017
- CIS Workshop | Singapore - 25 & 26 March 2017
- June | Update
- ECPAT Report: Offenders on the Move: Global Study on Sexual Exploitation of Children in Travel and Tourism 2016