Schools around the world join CIS for guidance, support and access to like-minded peers as they develop challenging international programmes for their students. As a global organisation, CIS helps schools access new international educational practices, gain recognition for accomplishments, attract qualified staff, facilitate student connections with leading universities around the world, and provide a quality international education experience to students and parents.
CIS School Members have access to all CIS services including:
- Accreditation and joint accreditation/evaluation with partner organisations;
- International Certification;
- Career & Recruitment Services include self-service recruiting options, custom search solutions and events
- Events and resources that connect students, counsellors and schools with CIS Higher Education Members;
- the CIS Affiliated Consultant Network;
- Voting rights and eligibility for election to the Board of Trustees;
- A school profile in the online CIS Membership Directory;
- Annual opportunity to nominate students for CIS International Student Award;
- Data reports and resources on international education.
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
To meet the School Membership requirements, a school must:
- meet the core CIS School Evaluation Standards contained in the CIS International Accreditation 2016 | Evaluation Framework.
- follow the CIS Code of Ethics;
- be operational at the time of application;
- provide a sequential course of study leading to full primary/elementary and/or secondary education;
- apply as a whole school (not a section of the school such as the International Section or only the primary or secondary school);
- clearly demonstrate a commitment to the development of global citizenship in its students;
- be willing to undertake an external school improvement process.
The School Membership application process involves:
Stage 1 - submission of basic information about the school and three (3) references;
Stage 2 - submission of documentation to demonstrate that the school follows the CIS Code of Ethics and provides international education programmes; and
Membership Evaluation - submission of a Membership Evaluation Report followed by a two-day on-site Membership Visit by CIS professional staff member.
School Membership application and annual membership fees.