PARTICIPATING ON Evaluation TEAMS
CIS offers accreditation workshops and an on-line set of training modules to educators and school leaders currently working in CIS Member Schools that are accredited or committed accreditation candidates who would like to be considered for service as Evaluation Team Members. Becoming a Evaluation Team Member provides significant professional benefits for faculty and leadership members who want to contribute to accreditation teams and visit diverse schools all over the world.
Workshops are scheduled throughout the year and in locations around the world.
Staff from CIS Member Schools should visit the CIS Community Portal to learn more. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Officers of the CIS Accreditation Service regularly act as Facilitators at two main types of workshops:
- Workshop for potential Evaluation Team Members
This workshop is directed at teachers and school leaders who would like to be considered for service as Evaluation Team Members. Participants receive training in the approach required of an Evaluation Team Member when visiting a school as well as guided practice in writing team reports.
- Workshop for potential Evaluation Team Secretaries
This workshop is directed at administrative support staff, who would like to be considered for service as Evaluation Team Secretaries. Participants receive training in the approach required of an Evaluation Team Secretary, information about the role and duties, as well as guided practice in formatting the team reports.
- Workshop for Evaluation Team Leaders (by invitation only)
This workshop is directed at teachers and school leaders who serve, or could potentially serve, as Evaluation Team Leaders. This category includes Evaluation Team Chairs and Co-Chairs, and Evaluators for Preparatory Evaluations, Substantive Change Evaluations and Special Issues Evaluations. Participants will receive guidance in the techniques involved in carrying out these leadership roles.
Participants attending a workshop for potential Evaluation Team Members should expect that, by the end of the training, they will have:
- Developed an understanding of the accreditation process, emphasizing the significance of the Team Evaluation.
- Gained practice in analysing a Self-Study to obtain key information.
- Become familiar with the Evaluation Team Report format and gained experience in writing report sections.
- Gained a sense of what constitutes an 'effective' visit, i.e. asking quality questions, responding appropriately to sensitive or controversial issues or events, conducting classroom visits in a constructive way and establishing positive relationships between the Evaluation Team and the school.
- Gained experience working in teams and reaching consensus.
- Gained practice at working well under the pressure of deadlines and appreciate that this is part of the Evaluation Team Experience'.
- Developed the ability to discriminate between major/minor issues in order to identify major commendations and recommendations.
- Understood the accreditation recommendation options and the process to reach consensus on the team recommendation regarding the school’s accreditation status.
All accreditation workshops involve a considerable number of 'hands-on' tasks and frequent interaction between participants. The Facilitator will normally send participants documents for prior perusal in order to prepare for workshop activities.
Arrangements for workshops are coordinated by CIS Accreditation staff who can be reached at: email@example.com.
Only educators currently working at CIS Member Schools that are CIS Accredited or are committed Accreditation Candidates are eligible to register for accreditation training workshops. If you have any questions about your status, please contact the Accreditation office.
CIS is committed to offering some or all of the above workshops at as many convenient venues and times as possible. Typically, workshops are offered at regional conferences (perhaps on a Pre-Conference Day) or at schools. When workshops take place at a school, this may involve just the one institution or the school may agree to open up the workshop to participants from other schools in the region.
For a list of upcoming Workshops, please view the calendar of workshops. If you are interested in attending an Accreditation Workshop but no appropriate ones are listed on the calendar, please complete this brief form to register your interest. This will allow us to alert you about workshops being organised in your region(s) of choice once the dates and details of these workshops are confirmed.
If you are interested in attending an Accreditation Workshop but no appropriate ones are listed on the calendar of workshops, please complete this brief form to register your interest. This will allow us to alert you about workshops being organised in your region(s) of choice once the dates and details of these workshops are confirmed.