Evaluation Team Member Workshop | Melbourne
Location: Hotel Pullman Melbourne On The Park, Melbourne, Australia
Facilitators: Helena Sobulis, School Support and Evaluation Officer & Graham Ranger, Director of School Support & Evaluation
FOR WHOM IS THIS WORKSHOP INTENDED?
A school accreditation programme encourages continuous school improvement through a process of self-study and peer evaluation. Schools participating in accreditation are visited by a team of experienced international educators who play an active role in evaluating the progress of the school, at the Team Evaluation stage, against high quality and rigorous international practices.
This workshop is designed for school leaders, teachers, and business managers from CIS Member Schools that are accredited or are candidates for accreditation who wish to be considered for volunteer service on Accreditation Evaluation Teams for the first time, as well as for experienced volunteers who wish to become familiar with the CIS International Accreditation, 2016.
How will the workshop prepare me for participation in an Accreditation Team Evaluation?
The workshop will cover various aspects of participation on a team evaluation, including:
- analysing a school’s Self-Study
- becoming familiar with the Evaluation Team Report format;
- identifying major school strengths and areas for improvement;
- reaching a team decision for a recommendation about accreditation.
A more detailed list of outcomes can be obtained from the Accreditation workshops page on the CIS Web site (http://www.cois.org/AccreditationWorkshops).
How will I benefit from participation on an Accreditation Team Evaluation?
If selected as an Evaluation Team Member*, the Team Evaluation experience will:
- develop your evaluative writing skills;
- sharpen your focus on evaluation for school improvement;
- offer you a broadening, professionally developing experience through opportunities to see other schools in a focused manner;
- promote the sharing of knowledge and effective practice;
- offer opportunities for networking through collaboration with experienced international educators and leaders;
- provide a demanding but valuable and enriching professional development experience, which may enrich your professional opportunities and career.
* Please note that Evaluation Team Member selection is based on the areas of need and qualifications. Participation in the workshop does not guarantee selection for a team.
WHAT IS THE COST OF PARTICIPATION IN THE WORKSHOP?
There is no charge for participating in the training. There will be one hour break for lunch which will be kindly provided by the hotel.
Participants or their school are also expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs, if required.
Please note that participants travel and make arrangements at their own expense. In the event of the cancelation of this workshop, the individual is responsible for any and all costs incurred regarding associated arrangements. Each participant is responsible for obtaining their own travel insurance coverage in the event of cancelation or risk.
AM I ELIGIBLE, AND HOW DO I APPLY?
- Registration has closed -
Please address any queries to Michele Anderson at email@example.com.