Accreditation Visiting Team Member Workshop | Moscow
Location: Moscow Economic School, Zamorenova Street, 29 Moscow 123022 Russian Federation
Facilitators: Lesley Stagg, School Support and Evaluation Officer & Stuart McLay, Associate Director School Support & Evaluation
For whom is this workshop intended?
A school accreditation programme encourages continuous school improvement through a process of self-study and peer evaluation. Schools participating in accreditation are visited by a team of experienced international educators who play an active role in evaluating the progress of the school, at the Team Visit stage, against high quality and rigorous international practices.
This workshop is designed for school leaders, teachers and business managers from CIS Member Schools that are accredited or are candidates for accreditation who wish to be considered for volunteer service on Accreditation Teams for the first time using the 8th Edition protocol of CIS International Accreditation.
The workshop is open to all individuals working in schools that are CIS Accredited/Committed Accreditation Candidates. However, fluent English speakers who are also speakers of Russian are encouraged to apply because of shortages of team members in these subjects and will be given preferential places. Russian speakers attending this course must also make themselves available to support a Team Visit within the next 18 months.
How will the workshop prepare me for participation in an accreditation team visit?
The workshop will cover various aspects of participation on a team evaluation, including:
- analysing a school’s Self-Study
- becoming familiar with the Visiting Team Report format;
- identifying major school strengths and areas for improvement;
- reaching a team decision for a recommendation about accreditation.
How will I benefit from participation on an accreditation team visit?
If selected as an Accreditation Visit Team Member*, the Team Visit experience will:
- develop your evaluative writing skills;
- sharpen your focus on evaluation for school improvement;
- offer you a broadening, professionally developing experience through opportunities to see other schools in a focused manner;
- promote the sharing of knowledge and effective practice;
- offer opportunities for networking through collaboration with experienced international educators and leaders;
- provide a demanding but valuable and enriching professional development experience, which may enrich your professional opportunities and career.
* Please note that Team Visit Member selection is based on the areas of need and qualifications. Participation in the workshop does not guarantee selection for a team.
WHAT IS THE COST OF PARTICIPATION IN THE WORKSHOP?
There is no charge for participating in the training. There will be a break for lunch which will be kindly provided by the school.
Participants or their school are also expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs, if required.
Please note that participants travel and make arrangements at their own expense. In the event of the cancelation of this workshop, the individual is responsible for any and all costs incurred regarding associated arrangements. Each participant is responsible for obtaining their own travel insurance coverage in the event of cancelation or risk.
AM I ELIGIBLE, AND HOW DO I APPLY?
Registration - Closed
Please address any queries to Serena Grapelli: email@example.com