Affiliated Consultant Network
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CIS Affiliated Consultants are individuals assist schools and the students and families that attend member schools with support in different areas.
This group of consultants has been selected by CIS based on their proven experience in specific areas of expertise identified by our members.
What are the areas of expertise of CIS Affiliated Consultants and why are these areas the focus of the new network?
The areas of expertise provided by the CIS Affiliated Consultant Network are:
- Appraisal and Professional Development
- Curriculum Design and Delivery
- Identification and Application of Technology
- Independent University Counselling
- Intercultural Competence
- Leadership Training and School Governance
- Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Student Wellbeing: Protection, Safety, & Security
The consulting areas were determined directly from feedback provided by CIS members. Members identified these high priority areas citing their intention to hire external assistance to help meet their objectives.
- CIS provides a list of CIS Affiliated Consultants who have expertise in specific areas and experience in those areas
- Schools review the list of consultants and counsellors including biographical details and areas of expertise to identify the individuals they would like to contact
- Schools contact, select, agree upon availability, service fees and contract with the individuals directly. CIS does not become involved after making initial referrals
Affiliated Consultants are recommended by colleagues in international education, and subsequently invited to submit a formal application to become CIS Affiliated Consultants. Selection was based on various criteria, including:
Each individual applying for membership must meet the following criteria:
- Areas of expertise match identified areas of need
- At least two years of current, relevant consulting experience
- At least positive recommendations from CIS Members
- A clear criminal record check in the country of residence
- All members are required to follow the CIS Code of Ethics for Affiliated Consultants
CIS would like to learn about your experiences with the Affiliated Consultant Network by receiving your feedback. We ask that you submit an evaluation at the end of an engagement with a consultant. Evaluation forms are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIS will also ask consultants to provide feedback about their experiences as part of this network.
I would like to recommend a consultant to CIS for the network. To whom may I send my recommendation?
We appreciate your recommendations in order to develop this programme further. If you know of a consultant who has done quality work for your school and who could be of great assistance to other schools, please encourage the consultant to apply and also inform us of your recommendation.
Applications from consultants and recommendations from schools are accepted on a rolling basis. Please contact email@example.com for a school referral form or to request an application.