FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Affiliated Consultant Membership is available to individuals who provide consulting and counselling services to CIS Members and their families and students.. Individuals applying for membership may be working independently or as part of a consulting group or organisation. The number of individuals who will be offered an Affiliated Consultant Membership will be limited to ensure the number of consultants available matches the demand by CIS Members and their families. Applications will only be accepted if the individual meets the criteria for membership.
Each individual applying for membership must meet the following criteria:
- Areas of expertise match identified areas of need
- At least two years of current, relevant consulting experience
- At least two positive recommendations where consulting services have been provided and completed
- A clear criminal record check in the country of residence
- All members are required to follow the CIS Code of Ethics for Affiliated Consultants
Currently, CIS Members are looking for consultants to provide support in the following priority areas:
- Appraisal and professional development
- Curriculum design and delivery
- Identification and application of technology
- Independent University Counselling
- Intercultural Competence
- Leadership training and school governance
- Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Strategic planning
- Student Wellbeing: Protection, Safety, & Security
Individual consultants must complete and submit an Affiliated Consultant Membership Application which will be reviewed and evaluated by CIS. Membership will be offered to applicants who best meet all membership requirements and offer expertise in the areas in demand by CIS Members. Applicants should expect notification about their application within 45 days following the submission of a complete application.
The cost of individual Affiliate Membership is €500.00, billed annually, for the current CIS Membership year (July 1 – June 30).
When an individual consultant is approved for membership, a profile will be developed for the CIS website which will include your contact information, area(s) of expertise, and the overview of your services provided on your application. This information will be reviewed and updated annually to reflect current experience.
Please send an email to email@example.com for further assistance.