FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please note that candidate participation in the recruitment event is by invitation only.
CIS brings together member school recruiters and registered candidates in one venue and facilitates the job interview process. Recruiters arrive at the event a day or so before candidates in order to review files and shortlist candidate for their vacancies. Many recruiters will have begun contacting candidates in advance of the event as they have access to candidates’ portfolios.
An orientation is arranged for those new to recruiting events and international education, which includes a panel of school heads who will take questions.
At Sign-Up, recruiters and candidates agree and schedule interviews to be conducted during the remainder of the event. Recruiters will also host 30 minute presentations about their schools and host countries.
A social evening is scheduled for both recruiters and candidates to get to know each other in a more relaxed environment.
CIS staff is always on hand to provide support, encouragement and information to all participants throughout the event.
It is crucial that you attend the interview Sign-Up session on Friday evening, but it is up to you to decide whether you will need the full two days of interviewing. Candidate registration is open from Thursday onwards. The Thursday evening orientation is optional, but candidates with questions about the recruitment process and how to conduct themselves during the event will find it very useful. Recruiters may conduct pre-arranged interviews on Friday before the Sign-Up and school presentations and career consultations will take place during the day.
- Prepare your CV/resume and make approximately 15 copies beforehand as photocopying facilities will be limited at the recruitment fair.
- You can access the latest information about the schools attending the fair, advertised vacancies and school information by logging into the CIS website and selecting the Recruitment Fair Information.
- It is advisable to come prepared with the weekend phone numbers for your primary reference. Many recruiters may wish to make personal phone contact with your primary referee before making an offer of employment.
- We recommend that you have a conversation with close family members, explaining that you are seeking international employment. It should not come as a surprise to loved ones that you have accepted a position in the far corner of the globe.
- The recruitment and interview process is a formal event and school recruiters appreciate candidates who are attired professionally.
- It is extremely important that you notify CIS if you are unable to attend the fair. Recruiters arrive two days prior to the candidates for reviewing files and short listing. Failure to notify CIS that you are unable to attend means that your name remains on the list of attendees and your placement file in circulation.
- If you have accepted a position with a CIS Member School prior to the fair, please notify the Educator Recruitment Team (EducatorRecruitment@cois.org).