Developing International Certification through a Pilot Programme
This service was first introduced in 2013 as a pilot programme. Since its inception, nine schools in five countries have participated in the pilot to expand their work and learn from each other. Pilot schools worked in partnership with CIS and provided valuable feedback about the service. This feedback resulted in the design of the process that is now available to all CIS Member Schools. The following schools have achieved CIS International Certification:
- Northlands School (Argentina)
- Ivanhoe Grammar School (Australia)
- Mentone Girls’ Grammar School (Australia)
- Methodist Ladies’ College (Australia)
- Hangzhou Greentown Yuhua School (China)
- ACS Hillingdon International School (United Kingdom)
- International School of Indiana (United States)
- St. Timothy’s School (United States)
- Turning Point School (United States)
Feedback from schools participating in the pilot programme highlighted the value of International Certification:
- "Enhanced the marketing of the school’s international education programme"
- "Served as a catalyst for community conversations about international education, and the development of a shared understanding of global citizenship"
- "Established a network to further develop the school’s programme"
- "Fostered collaboration and whole-school discussion of values related to global citizenship"
- "Stimulated personal growth and intercultural learning for staff"