New! CIS International Accreditation, 2016
CIS International Accreditation, 2016, is in line with current educational thinking and research on school development and improvement; links the evaluation process to future action planning with a long-term impact for the school; and incorporates feedback from consultation with CIS Member Schools and individual volunteers. Over 200 schools from 50 of our 111 represented countries participated in the consultation.
CIS School Evaluation and Accreditation is an evaluation process that drives a school’s continuous improvement, through:
- rigorous evaluation against internationally-agreed standards;
- a blend of support and challenge, focused on a school’s development; and
- a peer evaluation-based model that brings together international educators from across the diverse world of CIS-accredited schools.
CIS International Accreditation, 2016 continues to align with the NAIS CoA Standards. It builds on the qualities of the 8th edition but is distinctively different from it. It is fully and entirely developed by CIS, reflecting our mission, values, uniquely international and diverse membership and our Code of Ethics. Furthermore, it is characterised by:
- a 5 year cycle that is more reflective of schools’ planning cycles;
- a greater emphasis on the development of intercultural learning and global citizenship;
- a strong focus on teaching and students’ learning, as well as but distinct from the planned and taught curriculum;
- the inclusion of recommendations made by the International Task Force on Child Protection, referenced to the CIS Mission, values and Code of Ethics, embracing the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the UN Declaration of Human Rights;
- smaller, more focused teams of volunteers – vastly improved on-line support and training;
- introduction of a new web-based tool, the CIS Planning and Reporting Platform, facilitating whole-school involvement and collaboration;
- the new CIS Community Survey, managed in-house, and allowing greater school autonomy in the questions asked of your community and the ability to use the survey annually at no additional cost;
- innovative and ground breaking with a strong focus on futures learning;
- a strong focus on children’s well-being and protection;
- the promotion of sustainable school improvement, innovation and the research-centred school;
- a strong foundation based on established and contemporary research; and
- the inclusion of contemporary and developing pedagogies.
- the launch of the CIS Online Learning System where Accreditation Peer Evaluators will engage in activities to sharpen evaluative skills, including interviewing and writing.
Schools interested in membership and CIS Accreditation can contact CIS.