Child Protection workshops
Implementing New Accreditation Standards for Child Protection
CIS Schedules Workshops to Educate and Prepare School Communities
CIS is committed to helping our school communities prepare for the implementation of core Accreditation Standards for child protection. To do this, we have enlisted a global team of child protection experts who will collaborate with us to educate and support you, through workshops for leaders, counsellors and teachers. Join CIS Professional Staff including Executive Director Jane Larsson, Director of Career & Recruitment Services Pauline O'Brien, and a member of our School Support & Evaluation team at each of our workshops.
We offer two distinct but equally valuable focuses during the workshop. Past attendees recommend that schools register at least one person in each strand to gain perspective from the full range of workshop topics.
Child Protection Workshop | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Location: International School of Amsterdam - Centre for Development, Amstelveen, The Netherlands
CIS Child Protection Workshops | For school leaders, counsellors and teachers
An initiative to prepare international school communities for the implementation of newly adopted Accreditation Standards for Child Protection
CIS has enlisted a team of child protection experts – CIS Affiliated Consultants - to work in collaboration with our team as we educate and support leaders, counsellors and teachers in preparation for the global implementation of core Accreditation Standards for Child Protection. Four workshops will take place across the world in the coming year to provide broad regional access to training.
- Registration Closed -
Schedule & Presenters
Review the event schedule and read more about the keynote and session presenters.
13 & 14 October 2016
13 September 2016
€500.00 (excluding VAT)
- Ensure school communities possess knowledge and understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse.
- Develop understanding and common interpretation of the new Accreditation Standards to support the development of effective policies and practices.
- Focus on challenges facing school communities as they strive to interpret various cultural attitudes and actions in addressing forms of abuse.
- Defining and Understanding the Causes and Practices of Sexual Abusers
- Managing Allegations / Investigating Abuse in a School Community
- Teaching Intelligent Disobedience to Students
The Impact of Child Trauma on Learning: Describing the Long Term Impact of Abuse on Educational Outcomes and Adult Life
- Accreditation Standards: A Guide for Implementation
- Identifying Abuse and Handling Initial Disclosures
- Child Protection Audits, Policies and Practices
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Effective International Recruitment and Selection Practices
- Virtual Abuse: risks and realities
- Inclusive Comprehensive Sexuality Education: Consultation with the School Community
- Working with Families in Diverse Cultural Settings to Discuss Abuse
- Current Best-Practices in the Treatment of Child and Adolescent Traumatic Stress
- Identifying, Establishing and Managing a Multi-Disciplinary Team: School Structure
Expert presenters include:
- Jordan Greenbaum, MD, MPH, Global Health Initiative Pediatrician and Physician, International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC)
- Tim Gerrish OBE, Founder – International Child Protection Advisors; Formerly: UK Detective/Head of the UK National Criminal Intelligence Service Serious Sex Offender unit; Head of International Partnerships - Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre (CEOP)
- Stephanie Howdle-Lang, Vice Principal Primary (Wellbeing), Renaissance College Hong Kong
- Susie March, Comprehensive Sexuality Education Consultant, Registered Nurse
- Dr Joe Sullivan, Director of Behaviour Analysis & Forensic Psychology - Mentor Forensics
- Dr. Doug Walker, Clinical Psychologist, Master Trainer of Psychological First Aid (PFA), Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR) and Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS)
CIS Professional Staff include:
- Jane Larsson, Executive Director
- Specialist Staff TBD