HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
We get to know all of our candidates and we can help you in the many stages of your career.
why work with CIS:
We support our candidates
It's not just about finding a job. Our personalised service provides the support and guidance you need to build a career in international education.
Our personalised service provides you with the support and guidance you need to build a career in international education. We invest time in getting to get to know you and your motivation for teaching internationally, so that we can provide personalised career guidance and share relevant knowledge about our schools.
Work with CIS and we will:
- Help you establish and maintain a professional portfolio, including all the documentation a school needs to make a hiring decision, ensuring your experience and skills are effectively presented.
- Keep your documentation in a secure online environment where it is available to you at any time to update. You can easily apply for multiple positions with the same portfolio.
When building your profile, we ask the tough questions to encourage you to think critically about your candidacy and present yourself accurately and positively. We take the time to verify your references and will help you obtain full criminal background check documentation, which our schools consider essential steps in the hiring process.
Attend our networking and professional development events to learn from experts and network with your peers in an encouraging and comfortable learning environment.
We know international schools
We understand the unique needs of our member schools and have verified their commitment to upholding high-standards of international educations through the CIS Code of Ethics.
We have visited all of our member schools to verify qualifications of CIS Membership. All CIS Member Schools are accredited and more than 425 member schools have been awarded the status of CIS International Accreditation having undergone an extensive process of evaluation against the CIS Standards for Accreditation. Schools look to us for more than a recruitment service, they value being part of a membership community delivering high quality education to students.
Our Global Team has both extensive recruitment experience and experience leading international schools all over the world. Our School Support staff have a combined 591 years of experience in international schools in many different countries throughout the world and can offer expert advice on working in international education. Combined with our recruitment industry expertise, we can provide quality guidance and answer the critical questions about our schools and regions.
Visit our Membership Directory to explore our member schools. When evaluating schools around the world, look for the CIS Member Icons as a mark of quality!
We expand your network
As a leader in international education, CIS’ partnerships within the global community mean that you will be a part of a wider professional network.
- Universities: we support recent education graduates at partner universities to enter the international education field. Our current partners are Queen’s University and University of British Colombia (UBC), both located in Canada; and we are in discussion with others.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) organisation: CIS is recommended by the IB to help their educators find positions in schools offering IB programmes.
- International Task Force on Child Protection: The CIS Executive Director is the Chair of the International Task Force on Child Protection, a coalition of 90+ volunteers, tasked with addressing the challenges of ensuring child safety within international schools. The task force includes leaders of international education organisations, school leaders, counsellors and teachers, working collaboratively across professions with law enforcement officials and the medical community. CIS provides professional development to schools and their staff on how to integrate child protection practices in schools.
- CIS School Evaluation and Accreditation: If you work at a school accredited by CIS, you may have opportunity to volunteer on a CIS Accreditation team. This experience will provide you with an opportunity to engage in professional training and to work with peers from international schools all over the world. This has been widely claimed as one of the best professional development opportunities around!