The greater CIS membership community extends to higher education institutions, primary and secondary international schools, and school educators and leaders—all of whom are committed to promoting internationalism and interculturalism in education. Members of CIS are characterised by a pursuit of high-standards in leadership and global citizenship.
This membership community consists of over 700 schools and over 500 universities. Their profiles are available on our membership directory.
CIS aims to support you in developing your institutional profile within our membership community:
We help you do your job by running professionally-organised events shaped by our experienced members, allowing you to focus on your goal of engaging with guidance counsellors and students. Student recruitment tours are directed by volunteer committee members.
We enrich your international network with a diverse international community of admissions and guidance professionals who seek to share knowledge and learn from one another. Our members are invested in the relationships they have gained through CIS, which are fundamentally based on collegiality as opposed to competition.
We provide you with resources to support and guide your recruitment strategies. We have several platforms that can help you focus your outreach to students, plus data about our membership community!
As a member of CIS, you get access to:
We also have resources and membership data available in our Community Portal to assist you in your outreach strategies!
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS
To be considered for CIS Higher Education Membership, institutions must:
- have the power to award their own degrees
- hold university-level accreditation by a US Regional Accrediting organisation, or hold official university-level recognition by the Ministry of Education in the country where the institution is located
- agree to support and uphold the Guiding Principles for Higher Education
- provide evidence that supports an institution's commitment to international education and delivering programmes and services to international students
- pay the annual membership fee noted on the application form.
BECOMING A MEMBER
To begin the process of applying for membership, submit a request form. A higher education services team member will contact you to discuss whether membership is possible and next steps. If you have any questions before requesting, send an email to: email@example.com