IT Applications Manager
Effective March 2017
The Council of International Schools (CIS)
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a nonprofit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS BELIEFS AND VALUES
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspective within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organisation.
The IT Applications Manager is based at the CIS office in the Netherlands. S/he is responsible for the development, performance and evaluation of IT applications and systems, serving as the primary contact for external software providers and developers. S/he manages the implementation and integration of web-based applications, supporting internal teams and liaising with external consultants and vendors. The IT Applications Manager is responsible to the Director of Research & Development for overall results.
- Implement strategies and solutions about the adoption, integration and use of systems to support business processes
- Discuss business use and data needs with users and vendors to ensure effectiveness related to user experience, staff effectiveness and data integrity
- Document requirements for the improvement of application systems and analytical techniques, managing the developmental process and liaising with project teams and external vendors
- Maintain secure access to application systems
- Monitor systems use and generate reports to portray user trends to inform future development
- Hands-on mentality and drive to implement pragmatic solutions
- Liaise with project teams to configure and integrate applications and systems
- Work closely with staff and end-users to ensure their business needs are supported effectively by applications and systems
- Ensure effective communications and integration points are maintained across the organization
- Identify and document application requirements in line with business processes, including data standards, procedures and definitions, ensuring adherence to data protection laws
- Train staff to be proficient in the use of applications and systems to support business processes and inform decisions
- Working closely with the data analyst, train staff to create and use reports to answer standard and non-standard end-user questions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related area
- 2-5 years of relevant post-degree experience
- International and intercultural working experience is preferred
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills
- Knowledge and experience developing web-based/ front-end/GUI applications and systems; Salesforce support and development experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in backend data management using SQL Scripts and Queries
- Experience in web services integration with other existing enterprise systems
- Project management skills; accuracy and ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Report writing skills; ability to present technical information in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated service orientation to support clients externally and colleagues internally
- Organizational management and communication skills
- Analytical skills to inform decision-making ability
- Strong collaborative work ethic
- Self-motivated; ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to recognize and appreciate other cultures; willingness to develop cultural perspective and bridge differences
- Flexibility to work when/where needed to meet business objectives
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a full-time employee of CIS.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. The names, addresses and contact details of three (3) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant‘s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees of the top two candidates for confidential statements. Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a written assignment responding to a set of guiding questions.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receipt of application: Wednesday 1 February 2017