CIS IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION AND STUDENT WELL-BEING
Together, we educate and support international communities to:
- ensure a shared understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse;
- know what steps will be taken when allegations and disclosures of abuse are raised;
- support and guide educators to work within diverse communities and cultural contexts to prevent and address abuse;
- interpret and implement new accreditation standards, developing new policies and practice to strengthen child protection; and
- learn new recruitment strategies to use when hiring new staff.
CIS educates and supports international school communities to address child protection challenges through our services and resources.
CIS International Accreditation protocol includes new standards that evaluate the school’s child protection policy and practices. A set of comprehensive international standards developed by the International Task Force for Child Protection provides a framework for the implementation of policies and procedures.
Educators and leaders using our Career and Recruitment Services to find positions in member schools have all been screened and have criminal background checks as part of their profiles. We are still the only recruitment agency for international schools that make this a requirement.
Our team of affiliated consultants also help school communities navigate all aspects of child protection–from education and prevention to managing allegations and recovery.
workshops for educators
Over the last two years, we have brought together a team of experts, world renowned in all aspects of child protection and student well-being, to deliver a workshop programme to support educators learning about critical steps in protecting students. Our workshops cover the foundation of child protection, followed by more focused workshops to go deeper into topics such as setting school policies, managing school disclosures, recruiting practices and more.