CIS CHILD PROTECTION WORKSHOPS
A series of workshops to raise awareness and improve practices within school and university communities
Register for one or both workshops. Participants are strongly urged to attend a Foundation Workshop before registering for a Deep Dive Workshop.
CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop … a comprehensive overview
- Strand 1 for School Leaders: School Policies and Practices - Implementation
- Strand 2 for Counsellors, Nurses and Teachers: Curriculum, Education and Student Support Services and Outcomes
An initiative to prepare international school communities for the implementation of newly adopted Accreditation Standards for Child Protection
CIS has enlisted a team of child protection experts – CIS Affiliated Consultants - to work in collaboration with our team as we educate and support leaders, counsellors and teachers in preparation for the global implementation of core Accreditation Standards for Child Protection. Four comprehensive workshops will take place across the world in the coming year to provide broad regional access to training.
- Ensure school communities possess knowledge and understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse.
- Develop understanding and common interpretation of the new Accreditation Standards to support the development of effective policies and practices.
- Focus on challenges facing school communities as they strive to interpret various cultural attitudes and actions in addressing forms of abuse.
- Defining and Understanding the Causes and Practices of Sexual Abusers - Identifying Problematic Sexual Behaviour in Young People
- Empowering Student Voice: Developing Awareness and Self-Protective Skills
- Managing Allegations / Investigating Abuse in a School Community
- Strand 1 – Leaders
- Accreditation Standards: A Guide for Implementation
- Child Protection Audits, Policies and Practices
- Identifying, Establishing and Managing a Multi-Disciplinary Team: School Structure
- Crisis 101: Leadership in Action
- Effective International Recruitment and Selection Practices
- Strand 2 – Counselors, Nurses and Teachers
- Identifying Abuse and Handling Initial Disclosures
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- The Impact of Child Trauma on Learning: Describing the Long-Term Impact of Abuse on Educational Outcomes and Adult Life
- Current Best-Practices in the Treatment of Child and Adolescent Traumatic Stress
- Working with Families in Diverse Cultural Settings to Discuss Abuse
CIS Child Protection Deep Dive Workshops
…in-depth training for those who have completed initial training
1. Leaders (2 days)
- Day 1 - Implementing a Child Protection Programme: Develop a model for your institution
- Day 2 - Managing Allegations and Investigating Abuse
2. Counsellors (2 Days)
Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS*), including case consultation
*Certification program for counsellors and psychologists
3. Teachers (2 Days)
- Day 1 - Delivering Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Day 2 - Educating Parents / Addressing Abuse in Diverse Cultural Settings