CHILD PROTECTION FOUNDATION WORKSHOP | NAIROBI
Dates: 28 February - 2 March 2018
Location: The Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
An initiative to prepare international school communities for the implementation of newly adopted Accreditation Standards for Child Protection
CIS has enlisted a team of child protection experts – CIS Affiliated Consultants - to work in collaboration with our team as we educate and support leaders, counsellors and teachers in preparation for the global implementation of core Accreditation Standards for Child Protection. Four comprehensive workshops will take place across the world in the coming year to provide broad regional access to training.
CIS/AISA Pre-Conference Foundation Workshop
- Wednesday 28 February: 1230 - 1930 (including evening reception)
- Thursday 1 March: 0830 - 1700
- Friday 2 March: 0830 - 1400
- Ensure educational communities possess knowledge and understanding of the signs and risks of abuse in children and young adults.
- Develop understanding and common interpretation of new Accreditation Standards to support the development of effective policies and practices.
- Focus on challenges facing international communities as they strive to interpret various cultural attitudes and actions in addressing forms of abuse.
- Defining and Understanding the Causes and Practices of Sexual Abusers
- Managing Allegations/Investigating Abuse in an Educational Community
- Empowering Student Voice – Developing Awareness and Protective Skills
HOW TO REGISTER:
- CIS member: If you are employed at a CIS member school or university, register via the CIS Community Portal to receive the exclusive member event fee.
- CIS affiliated consultant and supporting member: Please register using the link you were sent in your email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Non-member school: If you are currently employed at a K-12/high school that is not a member of CIS, learn how to register.
Monday 19 February 2018
- CIS members - €500.00
- Non-members - €600.00