CIS SYMPOSIUM ON INTERCULTURAL LEARNING | HONG KONG
Dates: 8 & 9 March 2018
Location: ESF Training Centre, Hong Kong
Ian Jamison, Head of Education & Training, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Founded and directs a program called Generation Global that connects young people around the world to explore culture through a pedagogy of dialogue with 5,000 participating schools across 49 countries.
- Keynote focus: The role of technology in promoting intercultural learning and respect between cultures, deradicalization, and the importance of facilitated dialogue. Why it’s important not to avoid difficult topics.
Dina Mehmedbegovic, Lecturer, UCL Institute of Education
- Research focus on multilingualism in culturally diverse environments
- Keynote focus: Developing intercultural skills through an autobiographical approach
Jim Reece, Director of Professional Development Collaborative, Washington International School
- Keynote focus: curriculum - moving beyond abstract concepts taught in a classroom, getting to the practical means of promoting global citizenship development