|Posted - 21 December 2017
An exciting opportunity for a visionary and strategic Deputy Head of School with IB experience to develop their career at a school with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
Mulgrave, The International School of Vancouver
Deputy head of SCHOOL
effective August 2018
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Deputy Head of School required for the start of the 2018.19 School Year. This person will be an outstanding learning and student centred leader, who is a visionary, highly skilled and experienced person to work with our exceptional team of young people, teachers, staff and parents to further inspire excellence in education and life.
Mulgrave is an outstanding IB continuum school set in beautiful Vancouver on the west coast of Canada. We are looking for someone to join our talented team and to help further shape our vision of an education for students who will lead their lives in the mid-part of the 21st century. There is an attractive compensation package and a commitment to support the Deputy Head as they strive for Headship in the future.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Working with the four divisional principals (ELC, Junior, Middle and Senior School), the IB programme coordinators (PYP, MYP and DP) and the curriculum coordinators lead:
- Learning, teaching and curriculum continuity and progression from pre-K to 12.
- Overseeing the appointment and professional review and development of teaching staff
- Ensuring the meeting of all BC Ministry, CAIS, CIS and IBO requirements including public tests examinations across the school
- Overseeing internal and external monitoring, review and evaluation exercises
The Deputy Head of School will be required to deputise for the Head of School in his absence and to work with the Board of Directors at a strategic level. She or he will directly support various senior colleagues in their respective roles.
- Current experience in an IB continuum school and a commitment to the IB philosophy required.
- Minimum 10 years of teaching experience with a Masters Degree in Education.
- Leadership and management of a substantial team of people including performance management/appraisal.
- Leading major initiatives in school that improve the quality of teaching and learning, and raise standards.
- Monitoring and evaluation of teaching and learning.
- Substantial personal professional development.
- Leadership of whole school initiatives.
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC or ability to obtain within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
- All colleagues in leadership positions are expected to commit to the school’s values and the guidelines outlining leadership qualities.
The salary for this position will be $140,000 - $160,000 annually plus a generous benefit package. Please visit our web site www.mulgrave.com for further details about our school and a detailed job description.
CIS is delighted to announce that Mulgrave School has retained CIS, represented by Pauline O’Brien in consultation and with support of the CIS Leadership and the School Support & Evaluation Teams, to lead the search for a Deputy Head of School.
Leaders who are interested in this opportunity, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who already have an up-to-date leadership portfolio with CIS, should submit a cover letter of application.
If the School receives an outstanding application, the Selection Committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date below. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Finalists will be invited to Canada for final interview at the end of April, to meet with the Search Committee, Board and constituent groups of the Mulgrave community, with the intention of making an appointment in mid-May.
The deadline for applications is 8 January 2018.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.