Download the complete May 2015 Report.
On 12 May, twenty-two Task Force volunteers met in London to hold working committee meetings and learn from experts in Child Protection, law enforcement, insurance, security and employment law. View the full report on the outcomes of our discussions and an overview of the presentations.
Our Next Meeting | Dubai: Tuesday, Wednesday 6th - 7th October
Fiona Cottam, Director of International Schools for GEMS Education, volunteered on behalf of GEMS to host the next Task Force meeting in Dubai. A two-day meeting will be held to give us one full day of working committee meetings, which all Task Force volunteers are welcome to join. Once again, we’ll invite experts in the field of Child Protection to provide us with advice and guidance. They will join us for the second day of meetings. As soon as the venue and recommended hotels have been confirmed, specifics will be distributed.
Many thanks to our dedicated volunteers and presenters, who each gave their time to share their respective expertise and perspectives on 12 May. We were pleased to welcome and introduce Maura Harty, President and CEO of the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC), with whom we are working closely to establish a website of Child Protection resources, specific to the international school community.
On behalf of the Task Force Members, and in your service,
Jane Larsson, Chair
MEMBERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL TASK FORCE ON CHILD PROTECTION
- Colin Bell, Executive Director, Council of British International Schools
- Bambi Betts, Executive Director, Academy of International School Heads
- Christine Brown, Regional Education Officer for Europe, U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Schools
- Yolanda Murphy-Barrena, Executive Director, Association for the Advancement of International Education
- Roger Hove, President, International Schools Services
- Jane Larsson, Executive Director, Council of International Schools (Chair)
- Kevin Ruth, Executive Director, ECIS