5–7 October 2021
Join our mailing list to receive briefings on child protection and student well-being, and updates on developments, resources and events.
Child Protection Workshops
We have enlisted a global team of child protection experts to help you and your school to keep your students safe.
At a CIS Child Protection Workshop, you can expect to learn about the risks and realities of child protection with specific focus on international school contexts. You will develop your knowledge and skills that help to build and strengthen your school’s safeguarding systems that comply with accreditation standards for child protection.
Which workshop should you choose?
Get started by developing your foundational knowledge at a CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop. You will explore the information and tools necessary to comply with international safeguarding standards and accreditation frameworks. You will also start thinking about how you can take action so that your school can better prevent, identify early, and manage appropriately all forms of harm and abuse to which your students may be exposed.
Next, attend a CIS Child Protection Deep Dive Workshop to go beyond compliance and explore specific topics in greater depth by drawing on the latest research and resources to develop innovative and effective practices.
At both these workshops, you can expect a combination of vital and well-established content plus newly developed and timely material as our world changes and the needs and priorities of our students, educators, and schools shift and evolve.
Our overall workshop objectives for CIS Child Protection Workshops:
- Ensure school communities possess knowledge and a shared understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse.
- Identify problematic sexual behaviour, including peer-on-peer abuse and virtual abuse, and explore how to support and educate students to develop self-protective skills.
- Understand how to create and implement effective systems, policies and practices to identify, prevent and respond to harm and abuse within your school community.
- Address challenges facing international school communities as they strive to interpret various cultural attitudes, laws and actions in addressing forms of abuse.
- Develop knowledge of age-appropriate, healthy relationship education for children and young people based upon new UNESCO and WHO guidelines.
- Develop understanding and common interpretation of the international safeguarding standards and the CIS accreditation standards.
Be sure to look at the details for each workshop date to be clear on what will be covered.
5–7 October 2021
- Join our mailing list to receive briefings on child protection and student well-being, and updates on developments, resources and events
- Members can visit the webinar library in the CIS Community portal for several webinars that look at aspects of child protection, safeguarding and well-being, and much more.
- International Taskforce on Child Protection Report—April 2020.
- Explore a wide range of information and guidance around well-being and safeguarding issues on the CIS Perspectives blog.