STUDENT WELL-BEING WORKSHOP | BILBAO
Dates: 18 - 19 November 2019
Location: Palacio Euskalduna Conference Centre, Bilbao, Spain
Training that is tailored to the needs of universities and schools
- 18 November 2019, 08.00 - 18.30 (including drinks reception)
- 19 November 2019, 08.00 - 17.30
This two-day CIS Student Well-being Workshop provides you with an overview of key topics relating to child protection and student well-being within international school and university communities. It will provide you with an overview of the risks to the safety and well-being of your students and help you to think about how your institution can improve the way in which it prevents harm and abuse and meets the social, emotional and cognitive needs of your students.
Who is this workshop for?
The Student Well-being Workshop welcomes governors, leaders, (guidance) counsellors and educators within schools, and any university staff who deal with student matters, be it their recruitment, admissions, accommodation, extra-curricular activities or well-being.
- Ensure university and school communities possess knowledge and a shared understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse
- Identify problematic sexual behaviour, including peer-on-peer abuse and virtual abuse, and explore how to support and educate students to develop self-protective skills
- Understand how to create and implement effective systems, policies and practices to identify, prevent and respond to harm and abuse within your community
- Learn about the mental health needs of your students and how your institution can meet these effectively
- Strengthen the way in which your institution supports the social, emotional and cognitive needs of your students
- Draw on good practice and research to better supports international students in transition from school to university
- Online and virtual harm—understanding it and making the internet a safe and great place for your students
- Student well-being, mental health and intercultural competence – understanding and addressing cultural issues when supporting students
- Students in transition from school to university—how can institutions do more to support these students, particularly those moving across cultures
- Student well-being throughout education—from early years to universities, what does it mean for an institution to support student well-being
- Practical session for universities—developing policies and procedures, understanding your duty towards the children and students that you interact with, and thinking about how you can apply learning from child protection to support all your students
- Practical session for schools—implementing and strengthening key policies and procedures, and incorporating safeguarding into your curriculum development
How to Register
Registration is open to all faculty and staff, including Board Members/Governors at schools and universities, CIS affiliated consultants and supporting members.
Registration Deadline: 11 November 2019
CIS member universities and schools
If you are employed at a CIS member university or school, you can register via the CIS Community portal to receive the exclusive member event fee.
- You can check if your university or school is a member in our membership directory.
- Learn more about CIS membership.
Fee: €500 (excluding VAT)