Child Protection Deep Dive Workshop: Peer-on-peer abuse
Date: 24–26 April 2023
Time: 08:30–15:15 Central European Summer Time (CEST) | Convert to your time zone
Unsure of your schedule and ability to attend live? Access recordings and materials for on-demand participation.
In-depth training focusing on harm and abuse between students
Harm between students can occur online, in school, and in the wider community, often referred to as peer-on-peer abuse. It’s vital to help young people develop social emotional skills to help them identify and report abuse.
Join this workshop to engage with a complex unfolding case study facilitated by experts in managing a disclosure of abuse between students.
You can expect to:
- be guided by exceptional speakers with deep knowledge, expertise, and direct experience
- learn strategies to better prevent, identify early, and manage appropriately forms of harm and abuse between students
- understand how forms of harm can intersect and overlap
- learn how to engage students about the forms of harm that are most prevalent in their setting, and understand how critical this is to safeguarding
- develop the skills to carry out an inquiry following a disclosure
- foster connections with others holding similar roles and responsibilities to facilitate collaboration and create support networks
You will leave feeling:
- more aware of the risks and complexities involved in responding to harm between students, and its prevalence
- mindful of the possibility you will need to lead an inquiry following a disclosure of harm between students
You’ll return to school:
- equipped and confident to develop protocols that help you prepare for such an event
- able to identify and build on protective factors, and take preventative action
- knowing how student voice can strengthen safeguarding practices in your school and with strategies to engage students
Why should your school invest in this training?
Managing a disclosure of harm between students can be high stakes for a school and a disclosure can be made anytime, so your school needs to be prepared. Plus! Schools completing CIS International Accreditation will find the workshop content aligns with the CIS International Accreditation framework, particularly in Domain E.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for individuals who have already attended a CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop or similar foundational learning for this topic.
Heads of schools, principals, social-emotional counsellors, teachers, university guidance counsellors, safeguarding leads and child protection officers, CIS accreditation team evaluators, school board members, school recruiters.
We’ll continue offering online Child Protection Workshops too so you can choose the best option for you.
Registration deadline: 20 April 2023
Fee: €550 (excluding VAT)
If your institution is not a CIS member and you are interested in this event, please email Jane Joyce.