Join our mailing list to receive briefings on child protection and student well-being, and updates on developments, resources and events.
Child Protection Deep Dive Workshop
In-depth training for those who have already completed a CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop
Date: 16–18 February 2021
Time: 10:00–15:00 Central European Time (CET) / 16:00–21:00 Indochina Time (ICT)
Dive deeper into your learning experience around some of the most vital aspects of child safeguarding and leave with the tools needed to move beyond compliance. You’ll draw on the latest research and resources to develop innovative and effective practices in the areas covered.
What can you expect?
- Understand the contextual dynamics of peer-on-peer abuse
- Learn how to write and implement school policies to address peer-on-peer abuse, online safety and curriculum development
- Explore ways to engage your local partners and agencies
- Understand abuse and how to engage parents in culturally diverse communities
- Learn how to develop an action plan for your school
- Seek advice and guidance from experts, and collaborate with international school leaders, counsellors, and child protection staff to share, develop and learn from each other
- Speakers who are members of the International Taskforce on Child Protection (ITFCP)
- A virtual workshop designed by the same global team of experts and collaborators as our in-person workshops
- Training that is tailored to the specific needs of international school communities
- Well-established workshop content plus newly developed and timely material in an accessible online format
- A resource pack with on-demand webinars and written guidance
- Specific issues arising from the Coronavirus pandemic and remote and blended learning environments, and a greater focus on online safety.
- How to safeguard children whose voices may have traditionally been marginalised, whether because of their race, health status, learning ability, sexual orientation or other identity markers.
- New guidance on how to engage and learn from students in discussions around these topics, in ways that are effective, safe and ethical.
Strand A: Preventing, identifying and responding to peer-on-peer abuse and online harm in your school
- Using resources to identify and prevent harm (both offline and online) within your school community
- Learning how to respond to an allegation of peer-on-peer abuse
Strand B: Prevention through education: Incorporating child protection into your curriculum and implementing a Comprehensive Sexuality Education programme
- Comprehensive Sexuality and Relationships Education: New curriculum from UNESCO and WHO
- Developing Self-Protective Skills in Students
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is only open to individuals who have already attended a CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop.
Heads of schools, principals, social-emotional counsellors, teachers, university guidance counsellors, safeguarding leads and child protection officers, CIS accreditation team evaluators, school board members.
Registration deadline: 9 February 2021
Fee: €500 (excluding VAT)
- Join our mailing list to receive briefings on child protection and student well-being, and updates on developments, resources and events
- Members can visit the webinar library in the CIS Community portal for several webinars that look at aspects of child protection, safeguarding and well-being, and much more.
- International Taskforce on Child Protection Report—April 2020.
- Explore a wide range of information and guidance around well-being and safeguarding issues on the CIS Perspectives blog.