Child Protection Deep Dive Workshop: Concerns about adults in school
Date: 1–3 March 2022
Time: 08:30–15:30 Central European Time (CET)
Convert to your time zone using this helpful time zone converter
In-depth training for those who have already completed a CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop
Join this workshop to dive deeper into your learning experience around some of the most vital aspects of child safeguarding and leave with the tools needed to move beyond compliance.
Learn how to respond to child safeguarding concerns relating to adults in school including staff, faculty, and volunteers.
This virtual workshop is designed by the same global experts and collaborators as our in-person workshops who draw on the latest research and resources to develop innovative and effective practices in the areas covered.
You can expect to:
- learn and connect on vital and well-established workshop content plus newly developed and timely material in an accessible online format
- engage in interactive sessions delivered by experts and small group discussions facilitated by leaders, counsellors, and child protection staff from CIS member schools
- apply what you learn to your own school environment
- ask your questions during a live Q&A with the expert speakers
- access guidance and information in a resource library
Your learning outcomes will include:
- harnessing emerging research to address low-level concerns and institutional abuse in your school
- identifying the point at which a low-level concern becomes an allegation abuse
- learning how to record low-level concerns and allegations of abuse
- understanding legal and cultural factors when determining how to respond to a concern or allegation
- conducting a safeguarding inquiry following an allegation of abuse and talk to students and staff as part of this
- carrying out a risk assessment to determine whether a concern should be referred to an external agency
- considering process and substance when reviewing someone’s employment
|08:30–12:00||Main session||Expert keynote speakers|
|13:00–14:00||Interactive workshop session||Members of the CIS community will facilitate these hour-long interactive sessions. You'll be allocated to one of these two sessions based on your time zone/global location. Broadly, the first one will be best suited to participants in Asia Pacific time zones. The second one will be best suited to participants in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas.|
|14:30–15:30||Interactive workshop session|
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is only open to individuals who have already attended a CIS Child Protection Foundation Workshop.
Heads of schools, principals, social-emotional counsellors, teachers, university guidance counsellors, safeguarding leads and child protection officers, CIS accreditation team evaluators, school board members, school recruiters.
Registration deadline: 24 February 2022
Fee: €500 (excluding VAT)
If your institution is not a CIS member and you are interested in this event, please email Jane Joyce.
- Members can visit the webinar library in the CIS Community portal for several webinars that look at aspects of child protection, safeguarding and well-being, and much more
- New reports from the International Taskforce on Child Protection | December 2021
- Explore a wide range of information and guidance around well-being and safeguarding issues on the CIS Perspectives blog