CHILD PROTECTION FOUNDATION WORKSHOP | MUMBAI
Dates: 20 - 21 February 2019
Location: American School of Bombay, Secondary Campus, Mumbai, India
...training tailored to the needs of international school communities
- 20 February | 08.00 - 18.30 (including evening reception)
- 21 February | 08.30 - 17.30
During this two-day foundation workshop you will learn about key topics relating to child protection in international school communities.
This training is relevant for school leaders, board members and trustees and anyone working in an international school, particularly those with specific child protection responsibilities including administrative staff, counsellors, curriculum coordinators and child protection officers.
This workshop will help you strengthen child protection systems while networking with your peers in member schools. It provides the information and tools necessary to help your school to comply with international safeguarding standards and accreditation frameworks, and develop processes to better prevent, identify early and manage appropriately all forms of harm to which your students may be exposed.
The format consists of a series of keynote sessions, and then you choose a strand for additional learning. Participants are required to select the strand they wish to attend when they register.
- Defining and Understanding the Causes and Practices of Sexual Abusers
- The Impact of Child Trauma on Learning: Describing the Long-Term Impact of Abuse on Educational Outcomes and Adult Life
- Addressing Peer-on-Peer Abuse within International School Settings
- Online safety and digital awareness: Adopting a whole-school approach
- Empowering Student Voice and Developing Self-Protective Skills
Strand 1: Managing child abuse in an international community – alignment with accreditation standards
- Developing School-wide Child Protection Policies and Practices
- Effective International Recruitment and Selection Practices
- Leadership in action: Communicating in a crisis
Strand 2: Navigating cultural challenges when preventing and responding to abuse – alignment with accreditation standards
- Identifying Abuse and Handling Initial Disclosures
- Comprehensive Sexuality and Relationships Education: Curriculum, Supporting Students as they Navigate Physical and Virtual Abuse
- Ethical and cultural dilemmas when preventing and responding to abuse
How to Register
Registration is open to all faculty and staff, including Board Members/Governors at CIS member schools and universities, CIS affiliated consultants and supporting members.
Registration Deadline: 19 February 2019