Code of Ethics
The purpose of the CIS Code of Ethics is to describe the moral principles upon which CIS members are expected to base their conduct and professional practice.
All CIS members are expected to:
- Fulfill the promises stated in their guiding statements, policies, contracts and promotional materials.
- Strive for excellence.
- Nurture a culture of care in which the education, safety and well-being of students and others are paramount.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Respect the dignity and equality of all individuals, groups and cultures.
- Promote global citizenship.
School members also meet all CIS core Membership Standards.
Higher education members also follow the Guiding Principles for Higher Education Institutions.