THE COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (CIS)
Leiden, The Netherlands
effective September 2019
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a non-profit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high-quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high-quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS Beliefs and Values
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspectives within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high-quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organisation.
The Salesforce Administrator is based at the CIS office in the Netherlands. They are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the system. They will work with users to understand their requirements in relation to Salesforce (not limited to: Nonprofit Success Pack, Pardot, Community Cloud, FinancialForce). They will be the first technical contact for users and liaise with external consultants and vendors.
The Salesforce Administrator reports to the Director of IT Systems Management and Development, working closely with the Data Analyst, internal product owners and external technical consultants.
- Be the first point of contact for Salesforce support queries for the new and existing Salesforce user base
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Work with departments and product owners to understand business functions and gather requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and vice versa
- Maintain and report on user request backlog
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Document business processes
- Implement configuration changes
- Develop and deliver training curriculum and materials
- Document system configuration and administrative processes
- Keep abreast of Salesforce releases, features and best practices
- Make recommendations to management regarding implementation as appropriate
- Liaise with internal project teams and external vendors
- 2+ years’ experience in Salesforce administration
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification. Other certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills
- International and intercultural working experience is preferred
- Able to gather, document and execute detailed specifications from high-level requirements with little to average amount of supervision
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong testing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading and facilitating user group discussions
- Experience developing and maintaining training materials and training curriculum
- Demonstrated service orientation to support clients externally and colleagues internally
- Strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to recognize and appreciate other cultures; willingness to develop cultural perspective and bridge differences
- Flexibility to work when/where needed to meet business objectives
The ideal candidate is willing to make a mid- to long-term commitment to this role.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a full-time employee, initially on a one-year contract, subject to renewal.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply. Proof of national origin and Dutch residence status will be requested during the selection process.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing their fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to complete a written assignment responding to a set of guiding questions. The names, addresses and contact details of three (3) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant’s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees of the finalist candidates for confidential statements.
CIS ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to refrain from submitting such sensitive data as defined by the GDPR in their job application.
CIS will collect and store applicants’ submitted documentation in Microsoft Office 365, will process the data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share it with anyone else. The data will be kept until the position is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts a job offer for the position. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it for future roles.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
25 August 2019