THE COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (CIS)
Leiden, The Netherlands
effective December 2019
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a non-profit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high-quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high-quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS Beliefs and Values
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspectives within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high-quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organisation.
The Salesforce Specialist/Lead is based at the CIS office in the Netherlands. The Salesforce Specialist will work closely with users to understand their requirements in relation to Salesforce and related modules including, but not limited to, Pardot, Community Cloud, and FinancialForce. They will also be the primary technical contact for users and liaise with external consultants and vendors, as well as being responsible for the day-to-day administration of the system, solving problems users are having with Salesforce and educating employees on new updates and/or changes to the system.
Business Analysis and Process Development
- Work with departments and product owners to understand business functions and gather requirements
- Conduct cross-department workshops to gather a detailed understanding of user and/or business requirements
- Assist in refining user stories written by business functions or product owners
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and communicate the solutions to users
- Develop training materials and provide users with basic training on new and existing functionality
- Document business processes with the support of users
- Schedule and chair daily scrum meetings and weekly review meetings
- Coordinate with third party technical experts to create user stories for larger development projects
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code using best practices
- Execute Salesforce implementation/development backlog and roadmap
- Carry out regular system audits to identify any gaps and/or areas for improvement
- Prepare for upgrades (including managed packages) and ensure they are rolled out in a structured manner (planned, communicated, agreed with stakeholders)
- Code and implement customized features when out of the box functionality is not sufficient
- Deploy new features and releases using the Git and automated build
- Use the Developer Console to debug, and identify root causes for complex issues
- Make recommendations to management as appropriate
Salesforce Platform Administration and Systems Integrations
- Be the first point of contact for Salesforce support queries
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Review data solutions in Salesforce and ensure users are aware of the most appropriate way to manage their data (data cleansing recommendations including de-duplication)
- Manage user expectations for smaller tasks and escalate issues to line manager
- Manage timelines for the delivery of technical development and day to day support queries
- Manage user access and roles
- Ensure there are no security breaches in the system which could result in a risk to CIS data
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Keep abreast of Salesforce releases, features and recommend improvements to the business
- Liaise with third parties to obtain support as necessary (support providers, contractors and SF Partner agencies)
- 2+ years’ experience as a Salesforce Specialist/Lead
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification. Other certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills
- International and intercultural working experience is preferred
- Able to gather, document and execute detailed specifications from high-level requirements with little to average amount of supervision
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong testing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading and facilitating user group discussions
- Experience developing and maintaining training materials and training curriculum
- Demonstrated service orientation to support clients externally and colleagues internally
- Strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to recognize and appreciate other cultures; willingness to develop cultural perspective and bridge differences
- Flexibility to work when/where needed to meet business objectives
The ideal candidate is willing to make a mid- to long-term commitment to this role.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a full-time employee, initially on a one-year contract, subject to renewal.
Particulars of the search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply. Proof of national origin and Dutch residence status will be requested during the selection process.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing their fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to complete a written assignment responding to a set of guiding questions. The names, addresses and contact details of three (3) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant’s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees of the finalist candidates for confidential statements.
CIS ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to refrain from submitting such sensitive data as defined by the GDPR in their job application.
CIS will collect and store applicants’ submitted documentation in Microsoft Office 365, will process the data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share it with anyone else. The data will be kept until the position is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts a job offer for the position. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it for future roles.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Human Resources via email: email@example.com
16 October 2019