Who are Affiliated Consultants?
CIS affiliated consultant members are individuals who are part of a global network of schools, higher education institutions, educators and organizations in 122 countries dedicated to quality international education. Affiliated consultants provide CIS member schools, including their students and families with dedicated expertise and through this unique membership opportunity. CIS refers affiliated consultants to CIS member schools and their students and families.
Area of expertise provided as part of the CIS Affiliated Consultant Network:
Student well-being: protection, safety & security
Jake Wiid is an experienced and well respected Educational Visits Adviser working with schools around the world. He set up as a consultant following a successful career in the Outdoor Industry. Jake started his career as an outdoor instructor and quickly moved on to become an activity centre manager. This gave him the passion for, and understanding of the importance of safe and enjoyable educational visits.
Jake support teachers, senior leaders and decisions makers in giving young people the opportunity to experience high quality outdoor learning. He has a passion to get young people outside the classroom in a safe and enjoyable way without an unnecessary burden on schools. The independent community, especially the international community, has the added complexity of the diverse nature of not only students but of the culture too. These factors can get in the way of some extremely valuable activities, this is where Jake supports schools to overcome these barriers.
EVOLVE Advice Ltd
Jake heads up EVOLVE Advice. We believe every child should have the opportunity to experience learning outside the classroom, to support this we provide advice and guidance on Educational Visits
Our team comprises Educational Visit Advisers who are registered members of the Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel and have a strong working knowledge of general Health and Safety. We are EVC Trainers, LOtC Quality Badge Assessors and have extensive knowledge of the EVOLVE system.
Our services can be found here: https://www.evolveadvice.co.uk
- A Specialist Member of the International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (SIIRSM)
- An Affiliated Consultant for the Council for International Schools (CIS)
- A member of the Education Lawyers Association (ELA)
- A member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association (HSLA)
- Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (TechIOSH)
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (FRGS)
- Member of the Association for Physical Education (AfPE)
- Full Member of the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel (OEAP)
- Associate Member of The Association of Heads of Outdoor Education Centres (AHOEC)
- Professional Member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning (POL)
- Currently studying Law
- LOtC Quality Badge Inspector (Council for Learning Outside the Classroom)
- Operational Inspector of Children's Playgrounds (Register of Play Inspectors International)
- First Aid Trainer (Ofqual Regulated Qualifications accredited by Qualsafe Awards)
- NCRQ Applied Health and Safety L6 (2021)
- IOSH Performance Psychology for safety, health and wellbeing (2021)
- Bond Solon - Civil Law and Procedure (2019)
- Bond Solon - Excellence in Written Evidence (2019)
- Bond Solon - Court Room Skills (2019)
- Supervising First Aid for Mental Health - Level 3 (2021)