THE COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (CIS)
Leiden, The Netherlands
Director of IT Systems Management & Development
effective June 2019
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a nonprofit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS Beliefs and Values
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspective within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organization.
The Director of IT Systems Management and Development oversees the development of information technology systems as part of the Leadership Team, recommending and implementing IT solutions to support strategic priorities. Working closely with the Research and Development team, they are responsible for ensuring that effective and reliable systems strengthen our ability to share data and leading practices with the CIS membership community, enabling their ability to communicate with us and between each other. This is a part-time position, based at the CIS office in the Netherlands.
Systems Management and Development
- Analyse and manage the development and maintenance of CIS data systems including Salesforce, Pardot, Financial Force, Aventri, Survey Gizmo, WEAVE and Microsoft 365 (Power BI and Azure)
- Prioritize the improvement of ICT systems including development, integration and maintenance in alignment with members’ needs and organizational objectives
- Consult with internal process owners to track how well existing technology is fulfilling objectives and develop solutions; facilitate change management process
- Act as primary interface with external technology partners to identify solutions; manage development projects; develop terms of engagement with clear deliverables; track progress and budgets against agreed objectives
- Guarantee system security, minimizing breaches and vulnerabilities
- Manage and advise systems staff and contractors
- Manage and advise the Salesforce System Administrator
- Supervise and advise the Network Administrator (independent contractor)
- Contract and project-manage external systems contractors to achieve specific strategic objectives
- Oversee CIS Technology Roadmap
- Report to and confer with the Leadership Team to recommend strategies and solutions about the adoption, development and use of systems to support business processes
- Identify and facilitate the development of new technologies that add value to CIS membership
- Track progress on broad-level technology objectives and implement changes when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of business/systems analysis experience
- 5 years of information technology systems development experience
- 5 years of project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of information technology systems analysis, development and cloud-based data integration
- Knowledge and understanding of international marketing and communications strategies and tools
- In-depth experience in a Salesforce-centric solution ecosystem (Lightening Experience, Apex, ETL platform, and object data modeling)
- Knowledge and understanding of data architecture and data modeling
- Ability to translate strategy into system and technology solutions
- Ability to think “outside the box” and implement creative solutions that meet organizational deadlines
- Experience with vendor management
- Advanced proficiency in technology
- Strong organizational management and communication skills
- Analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Up-to-date with new technology solutions
- Strong collaborative work ethic
- Self-motivated; ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Professionalism and discretion
- Ability to recognise and appreciate other cultures; willingness to develop cultural perspective and bridge differences
- Flexibility to work when/where needed to meet business objectives
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills
The ideal candidate is willing to make a mid- to long-term commitment to this role.
The monthly fee will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged on a contractual basis for 25 hours per week.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply. Proof of national origin and Dutch residence status will be requested during the selection process.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing their fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to complete a written assignment responding to a set of guiding questions. The names, addresses and contact details of three (3) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant‘s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees of the finalist candidates for confidential statements.
CIS ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to refrain from submitting such sensitive data as defined by the GDPR in their job application.
CIS will collect and store applicants’ submitted documentation in Microsoft Office 365, will process the data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share it with anyone else. The data will be kept until the position is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts a job offer for the position. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it for future roles.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Human Resources via email: HumanResources@cois.org
22 March 2019