THE COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (CIS)
Salesforce Administrator (temporary position)
effective mid-November 2020
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a non-profit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high-quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to guide and develop educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high-quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS Beliefs and Values
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspectives within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high-quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organisation.
The Salesforce Administrator is temporary role open for a two-month period. The Salesforce Administrator will work remotely, coordinating their work with that of colleagues based in the CIS office in Leiden, The Netherlands. They will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our membership platform based on Salesforce. They will work closely with the IT Systems Manager and the Salesforce Specialist/Lead to clear the backlog of platform-related work by supporting existing processes and deploying new business processes.
- Be the first point of contact for Salesforce support queries
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, managing user access and roles, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Prepare for upgrades and ensure they are rolled out in a structured manner
- Carry out regular system audits to identify any gaps and/or areas for improvement
- Manage user expectations for smaller tasks and escalate issues to line manager
- Manage timelines for the delivery of technical development and day to day support queries
- Ensure there are no security breaches in the system which could result in a risk to CIS data
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Keep abreast of Salesforce releases, features and recommend improvements to the business
- 2+ years’ experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification. Other certifications a plus.
- Preferred: one or more of the following Salesforce Certifications:
- Integration Architecture Designer
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Pardot Consultant
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- Community Cloud Consultant
- University level thinking with an analytical mindset
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills
- International and intercultural working experience is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong testing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and maintaining training materials
- Demonstrated service orientation to support clients externally and colleagues internally
- Strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to recognize and appreciate other cultures; willingness to develop cultural perspective and bridge differences
- Flexibility to work when/where needed to meet business objectives
Compensation and duration of engagement
Compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a temporary contractor for a two-month period.
Particulars of the search
Starting date: mid-November 2020
Deadline for receipt of applications: 25 October 2020
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Human Resources via email: email@example.com
Application and interview process
- Applicants should submit a motivation letter, in English, describing their fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) outlining their education and employment background. They should also indicate their earliest possible starting date.
- The names and contact details (business email address and telephone number) of three (3) professional and supervisory referees, including one from the applicant’s current or most recent employer, should be provided. The referees should be direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant’s performance. CIS reserves the right to contact referees of the finalist candidates for confidential statements. CIS also reserves the right to identify an additional referee from the list of previous employers listed in the finalist candidates’ CV to obtain an additional opinion, if necessary.
- CIS ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. CIS does not knowingly collect or store this information as part of its employment practices and makes selection decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. Applicants are discouraged from including such information in their job application.
- During the selection process, short-listed candidates will be asked to provide information about and proof of national origin and residence status.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview with the individual who would be their immediate supervisor/line-manager and possibly other colleagues. The interview may be virtual or in-person. Should candidates who are not based in the Netherlands be invited for an in-person interview, CIS will cover the expenses for their travel and lodging.
- CIS will collect and store applicants’ submitted documentation in Microsoft Office 365, will process the data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share it with anyone else. For unsuccessful applicants, the data will be kept until the position is filled, at which time CIS will either delete applicant data or, at their request or with their consent, retain it for possible future roles. For successful candidates, the data will be maintained in their personnel file.
- CIS strives to create a safe organisational culture and to safeguard the young people with whom we may come into contact through our work. Once the finalist candidate accepts a job offer for this position, CIS will guide the candidate through a process of background screening which will include criminal record checks and checks of some education qualifications. An employment agreement signed in advance of the completion of the background screening will be contingent upon the candidate’s eventual clearance as verified through receipt of the completed screening report. The background screening report will be retained for a period of six months, after which time CIS will take a record of the checks carried out but will delete the report.