CIS Future Leader Award
Council of International Schools Higher Education Services seeks nominees for the CIS Future Leader Award which recognises an international admissions officer or school counsellor from a CIS member institution for contributions and achievements made to international education. You are invited to nominate an individual from any CIS member school/university, worldwide, who meets the criteria listed below. The award will be announced and celebrated at the CIS Forum on International Admission and Guidance in November.
The CIS Future Leader Award was created to honour an up and coming international admissions officer or school counsellor who embodies the CIS mission, vision, and values. The award recipient demonstrates strong leadership potential among his/her peers and an unequivocal commitment to service within the international admissions and guidance communities. The recipient truly represents the future of international education which CIS strives to shape.
- serve as an international admissions officer or school counsellor at a CIS member institution with less than 7 years of experience in the field,
- have held leadership role(s) in organizations, events, or initiatives that support the international admissions and/or university guidance communities,
- has a record of service/volunteerism in the profession.
- have been active in the promotion of global and cultural understanding,
- exhibits an innovative and energetic approach with respect to his/her work in university admissions/school counselling,
- understand what the work as a university admissions officer/school counsellor can mean for an individual student, his or her family, their country and our world,
- are easily described as an exemplary individual who exhibits strong leadership potential, personal integrity, insists on ethical professional practices, maintains high personal expectations, demonstrates a positive attitude and demeanor toward others, and seeks to understand and appreciate other cultures and educational programs,
- have placed the best interest of students at the heart of his/her decisions,
- are broad minded and inclusive in work and in his/her interactions with others,
- and, have actively participated in CIS events and embody the organizational values of CIS.
Your completed nomination form must be accompanied by a letter of support detailing the reasons why you believe the candidate should be considered for the award. The letter should address, specifically, how the nominee satisfies the Award Criteria. Additional letters of support are strongly encouraged for a persuasive nomination portfolio, and can be submitted through the online nomination form or emailed to email@example.com.