CIS Peggy Templeton Strong Award
CIS Higher Education Services seeks nominees for the CIS Peggy Templeton Strong Award which recognises a college/university guidance counselor from a CIS member school for contributions and achievements made to international education. You are invited to nominate an individual from any CIS member school, worldwide, who meets the criteria listed below. The award will be announced and celebrated at the CIS Forum on International Admission and Guidance in November.
The CIS Peggy Templeton Strong Award was established to honor a member of the CIS college/university guidance community who has made significant contributions to international school guidance. The award is named in honor of Peggy Templeton Strong (1912-2014), who in a long and distinguished career has promoted the needs of her students, mentored countless guidance counselors, university advisors and international admissions representatives, and was instrumental in establishing guidance and admissions organizations. Peggy’s vision, commitment, and exemplary standards serve as an inspiration to us all. With this award we honor a member of the CIS guidance community whose work continues Peggy Templeton Strong’s legacy.
- serve as a college/university guidance counselor at a CIS member school,
- have been active in the promotion of international secondary school guidance and counseling,
- have demonstrated commitment to furthering the professional development of colleagues,
- have been active in the promotion of global and cultural understanding,
- understand what the work as a guidance counselor/university advisor can mean for an individual student, his or her family, their country and our world,
- are easily described as an exemplary individual who exhibits personal integrity, insists on ethical professional practices, maintains high personal expectations, demonstrates a positive attitude and demeanor toward others, and seeks to understand and appreciate other cultures and educational programs,
- have demonstrated the ability to excel at inspiring and leading others,
- have placed the best interest of students at the heart of his/her decisions,
- are broad minded and inclusive in work and in his/her interactions with others, and
- have provided significant contributions to CIS and the profession.
Your completed nomination form must be accompanied by a letter of support detailing the reasons why you believe the candidate should be considered for the award. The letter should address, specifically, how the nominee satisfies the Award Criteria. Additional letters of support are strongly encouraged for a persuasive nomination portfolio, and can be submitted through the online nomination form or emailed to email@example.com.
Deadline for nominations is Friday 20 September 2019.
-Closed for submissions-