CIS T. Michael Maybury Award
CIS Higher Education Services seeks nominees for the CIS T. Michael Maybury Award which recognises an individual from a CIS Higher Education member institution for contributions and achievements made to international education and the Council of International Schools. You are invited to nominate an individual from any CIS member institution, worldwide, who meets the criteria listed below. The award will be announced and celebrated at the CIS Forum on International Admission and Guidance in November.
The CIS T. Michael Maybury Award honors Dr. T. Michael Maybury for his lifetime achievements, his significant contributions to international schools and for his promotion of international post-secondary education and global understanding. Dr. Maybury was Executive Secretary of the European Council of International Schools (1989 to 2003) and Executive Director of the Council of International Schools (2003 to 2004).
- are or have been an admission/recruitment officer at a CIS higher education member institution,
- have been active in the promotion of international post-secondary education,
- have demonstrated commitment to furthering the professional development of colleagues,
- have been active in the promotion of global and cultural understanding,
- understand what the work as an international admission officer can mean for an individual student, his or her family, their country and our world,
- are easily described as an exemplary individual who exhibits personal integrity, insists on ethical professional practices, maintains high personal expectations, demonstrates a positive attitude and demeanor toward others, and seeks to understand and appreciate other cultures and educational programs,
- have demonstrated the ability to excel at inspiring and leading others,
- have placed the best interest of students at the heart of his/her decisions,
- are broad minded and inclusive in work and in his/her interactions with others, and
- have provided significant contributions to CIS and the profession.
Your completed nomination form must be accompanied by a letter of support detailing the reasons why you believe the candidate should be considered for the award. The letter should address, specifically, how the nominee satisfies the Award Criteria. Additional letters of support are strongly encouraged for a persuasive nomination portfolio, and can be submitted through the online nomination form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for nominations is Friday 20 September 2019.
-Closed for submissions-