Our 2020 CIS Forum on International Admission & Guidance is going virtual!
You’ll learn, evolve, and collaborate with peers from universities and international schools worldwide and, while we’ll miss seeing you in person, we look forward to our continuing collaboration online.
Are you new to CIS Forums? Our Forum is where school guidance counsellors and university admissions converge and unite with a shared goal of supporting students making their transition from school to university. Members will share expertise and knowledge on the latest admission processes, global trends in international student recruitment and embrace the opportunity to promote their institutions.
Last year’s CIS Forum attracted 468 university admission representatives and 404 school counsellors from 80 countries. It is our pleasure to invite this community to our 2020 virtual event and we look forward to welcoming many others who cannot always attend our Forums in person.
You’ll enjoy a balance of professional development, profile-raising for your institution, and resources to support your students at this important time in their lives.
You can expect to:
- Identify and share effective practices and expertise in supporting students through the application process
- Explore trends in international student recruitment
Learn about a range of university admission systems around the world. We’re integrating regional content for the continuation of discussions that usually take place at our regional Institutes on International Admission & Guidance in Asia or Latin America (not taking place in 2020). Forum content will be presented in a variety of time zones and will be recorded for on-demand access.
- Master skills for greater success in your daily work
- Enjoy time with colleagues from every corner of the globe, grow your network and build lasting relationships
- Promote your institution
- School counsellors: Support your students by promoting them and your school to a broad, worldwide audience of university admissions representatives
- University admissions: Enjoy direct access to international school counsellors from around the world
Learning and networking in our interactive virtual space:
- Interactive breakout sessions provide new opportunities for audience participation.
- Regional discussion group spaces will enable conversations between school counsellors from specific regions and university representatives seeking to recruit their students.
- A university fair where schools meet with university representatives at virtual booths.
- A school fair where university representatives meet with schools at virtual booths.
- A simple way to arrange individual meeting appointments with participants.
Four keynote speakers will address important challenges that schools and universities must tackle to support students in transition.
- Assessing Educational Achievement (Admission Reform)
- Global Citizenship and Work Skills
- Supporting Well-being across (and beyond) education
- The Future of recruitment and counselling
Who is this Forum for?
Our CIS Forum is designed for university guidance counsellors at CIS member and non-member schools, plus university admissions colleagues at CIS member universities who want to keep up to date on developments and effective practices within international admission and guidance.
Last Updated | 17 November 2020
Contact Higher Education Services, email@example.com.