Keeping connected and prepared for profound changes in international education
Another energising exchange of perspectives that strengthen relationships and support student transitions from school to higher education at the 2021 virtual CIS Global Forum on International Admission & Guidance.
We remain committed to connecting our international admission and guidance community at this annual event where you’ll continue learning, evolving, and collaborating with peers from universities and international schools worldwide.
Our Global Forum went virtual with great success in 2020, bringing together more than 1,000 university admissions professionals and university guidance counsellors from 80 countries.
School guidance counsellors and university admissions unite at this global event with a shared goal of supporting students making their transition from school to university. Members share expertise and knowledge on the latest admission processes, global trends in international student recruitment, and embrace the opportunity to promote their institutions.
I loved the [Forum] hangouts sessions. I wonder if maybe I interacted with even more folks than I might have had we been in person?! Virtual booths—at past forums I would never have had the opportunity to gain so much info about universities and their reps. Thanks for making the videos and slides available in the resources section to review later. The people—what an amazing and inspiring group. Great CIS team, great uni reps, great college counselors!
The event was designed for professionals from our member institutions to seize the opportunity to:
- learn about a range of university admission systems around the world
- share ideas about how to support students in the application process
- explore trends in international student recruitment
- master skills to make you more successful in your daily work
- school counsellors: promote your school and students to a broad audience of university admissions representatives worldwide
- university admissions: enjoy direct access to international school counsellors worldwide to promote your university
- build lasting relationships with colleagues from every corner of the globe
Enhancements to the virtual space for learning and networking include:
- interactive breakout sessions for enhanced audience participation
- integrated video breakouts for participants to see who is on the call, add them to their contacts, and start a private conversation
- an asynchronous virtual fair where representatives from schools and universities can connect with each other throughout the conference
- the opportunity to set up individual meeting appointments with other participants, or organize group meetings
- content presented in a variety of time zones and recorded for on-demand access
- and … a chance to have some fun via virtual social activities.
Our 2021 Forum focused on these key themes:
- country, regional, or curriculum updates
- inclusion via diversity, equity, and anti-racism (I-DEA) in admission and counselling
- mobility and the means to engage students
- refreshing approaches to assessment
- caring for the learning community
Last updated | 18 November 2021