Virtual networking and learning for university admission and international school guidance professionals
In November 2022, we held our third virtual Global Forum on International Admission & Guidance.
It’s a terrific opportunity for school guidance counsellors and university admissions to unite with a shared goal of supporting students making their transition from international schools to universities worldwide.
Members from schools and universities share expertise and knowledge on the latest admission processes, global trends in international student recruitment, and embrace the opportunity to promote their institutions.
Excellent virtual platform. Felt engaged and connected.
The event was designed for professionals from our member institutions to embrace the opportunity to:
- learn about university admission systems worldwide
- share effective practices for supporting students in the application process
- explore global trends in international student recruitment
- master skills to use in your daily work
- promote your institution
- support each other and build lasting relationships
- school counsellors: promote your school and students to a broad audience of more than 250 admissions representatives from our member universities
- university admissions representatives: enjoy direct access to nearly 250 international school counsellors from our member schools
Our members use these events to explore the wide variety of ways they can support students at this significant point in their lives making their transition from international school to universities worldwide.
Our 2022 Forums focused on these key themes:
- Rising from the pandemic: Changing practices for the future
- International student transitions to higher education
- Regional and curriculum updates
- Assessment and admissions: What are we doing differently now?
Participants told us last year …
The networking was wonderful, and I enjoyed the live chat during sessions as a way to connect.
LOVED the collab sessions and connection sessions with the random breakout rooms. It was much easier to get to meet new people and really connect because no one has the opportunity to clump into a group with people they already knew, as happens at in-person Forums.
I always love how CIS is thinking forward in ways that we can continue to grow and change to best support our students.
It’s a great place to get connected with people who are working in the same field and to share the experiences. It’s good that we get updates here about current trends in the school and university education.