Benefits & Criteria
Global reach of CIS members
CIS connects affiliate consultant with over 1,490 international schools and universities located in 120 countries and gives them the opportunity to expand their network.
Working with quality schools and organizations
When you work with our members, you work with reputable institutions dedicated to high standards of international education. Each member school and university has completed an extensive membership application process.
Affiliated consultancy is available to individuals who provide consulting and counselling services to primary and secondary schools with international programmes and the students and families who attend these schools. Individuals applying may be working independently or as part of a consulting group or organization. The number of individuals who are offered to become an affiliated consultant is limited to ensure the number of members available matches the demand by CIS members. Applications are accepted if the individual meets the criteria.
Each individual applying must meet the following criteria:
- Areas of expertise match identified areas of need
- At least two years of current, relevant consulting experience
- At least two references/recommendations are required from current members of CIS schools or universities, school leaders, or other international educational professionals who can speak to the quality of the individual’s professional practice, or who have collaborated with the individual as they previously worked at a CIS member school or university
- A clear criminal record check from each country that an individual has lived or worked in for more the past 10 years
- Public liability and professional indemnity insurance
All CIS Affiliated Consultants are required to follow the CIS Code of Ethics for Affiliated Consultants. Up to three memberships are allowed under one organization.
SERVICES FOR SCHOOLS
The consulting categories for affiliated consultants, providing services for schools, are:
- Appraisal and Professional Development
- Business Management
- Curriculum Design and Delivery
- Data Protection and Cybersecurity
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Identification and Application of Technology
- Intercultural Competence
- Intercultural Learning
- Leadership Training and School Governance
- Learning Support
- Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Student Well-being: Protection, Safety and Security
SERVICES FOR STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
The consulting category for affiliated consultants, providing services for student & families, is:
- Independent University Counselling
Independent university consultants who partner with colleges and universities for recruitment services and receive financial compensation from colleges/universities are not eligible for affiliated consultancy.
Independent university counsellors who are members of professional organizations for independent educational consultants will be looked upon favorably (i.e. Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) Professional members, Higher Educational Consultants Association (HECA)).