Women in Leadership
Career & Recruitment WOrkshop | Melbourne
Date: 31 August 2019
Location: University of Melbourne, Australia
Do you recognize your leadership potential? Are you doing a good job of showcasing your skills and experience in your applications for positions? Are you able to articulate your value in a meaningful way in interviews?
Diversity is key to building strong leadership teams and schools that reflect their diverse communities and all children deserve successful role models that reflect the richness of humanity. This workshop is designed to help women in leadership positions or aspiring for leadership roles face the challenge of gender diversity in school leadership positions where women are under-represented. Additionally, as intercultural leadership is foundational to driving global citizenship, this workshop will also explore your competencies in this area.
What can you expect?
- Learn how to highlight the value and wealth of your competencies, achievements and results through practical advice, strategies and meaningful discussion with peers—including the basics around CVs/resumes and cover letters
- Explore internal and external obstacles and blocks that may be holding women back from leadership roles
- Formulate a personal action plan of the steps required to achieve your career objectives
- Recognising and developing your own intercultural competencies when leading international teams
- Develop practical strategies to maximize the impact of an application and performance in an interview
- Explore ways to navigate difficult conversations
- Learn from other leaders about their career pathways and develop your professional network
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for both leaders and aspiring leaders in international schools.
Who is presenting?
Pauline O’Brien is our Director of Career & Recruitment Services. She is responsible for CIS Leadership Search Services and works directly with school boards and communities to advise them on effective practices when selecting a new school leader. With extensive experience interviewing hundreds of professionals over the years, her enduring aim is to find that ‘right fit’ and make that ‘right match’.
How to Register
Registration Deadline: 22 August 2019