AUSTRALIA CONFERENCE | MELBOURNE 2019
Date: Schools, 28 - 30 August 2019 | Universities, 28 - 29 August 2019
Location: The Langham Hotel, Melbourne, Australia
Join us in Melbourne for this year’s CIS Australia Conference to discuss ‘International Education: Positioning Education in a Converging World.’
This regional CIS conference brings together CIS member schools from across Australia and university representatives from around the world with a shared commitment to international education and global citizenship.
Find out how you will benefit from attending by selecting one of the tabs below for either “schools” or “universities”.
Why should you attend?
During the two-day programme of presentations and workshops, you will benefit from:
- developing your intercultural competencies
- learning about the latest research, resources and proven practices in the field of international education
- networking with other CIS member schools with a shared commitment to international education and global citizenship
- exploring topics that are common to CIS member schools in Australia
- hearing about student-led action from CIS member schools and universities
- a networking cocktail reception and conference dinner at one of Melbourne’s iconic historic venues (Eureka 89)
There's a twist to this year's conference as we extend the invitation to our global network of university members for the first time. They will join CIS school leaders from across Australia at this well-established event. This initiative aligns with our CIS strategy to expand conversations between our member schools and universities.
For the first time, we invite our higher education members to join us at the well-established annual CIS Australia Conference that brings together school leaders and educators from across Australia with a shared commitment to international education and global citizenship.
Why should you attend?
You’ll also get unique opportunities to:
- network with heads and school leaders from across Australia (start by attending the cocktail event on the evening of 28 August)
- explore your own personal growth and professional development by attending inspiring keynote sessions on the big topics in international education and workshops on intercultural leadership
- learn about the latest research, resources and effective practices in the field of international education
Your schedule will look like this:
18.00 - 20.30 | Welcome cocktails at Yarra Rooms, The Langham Hotel
09.00 - 13.30 | a full day of conference programming in conjunction with school participants
18:00 | dinner with conference participants at Eureka 89
You can stay an extra day to attend an Evaluation Team Leader workshop (by invitation only) and Careers Day on Saturday 31 August.