DATA PROTECTION, Cybersecurity & Safeguarding WORKSHOP
Date: 2–4 March 2021
Time: 09:00–15:30 Central European Time (CET) / 15:00–21:30 Indochina Time (ICT)
Learn from experts in the field how to navigate the complexities and legal compliance relating to data protection, cybersecurity, and child safeguarding in your school. You’ll also gain insight, guidance, and resources to support you in finding the right balance between child and data protection practices.
This workshop is tailored to the needs of international schools and based on recent research.
You can expect to:
- Strengthen your data protection and safeguarding policies and procedures in line with CIS accreditation standards, including how to evidence compliance with data protection law as part of your school’s self-assessment
- Address specific issues that have arisen as a result of the Coronavirus and remote and blended learning environments
- Explore how IT systems in schools should be used to manage and record safeguarding risks to enable early identification of child protection concerns
- Look into the connections and potential conflicts between data protection and child protection, through scenario-based discussions
- Learn about changes to data protection law and how these impact international school communities
- Receive information on how to embed a culture of privacy, manage incidents and protect schools from cyber security threats
- Collaborate with international school leaders, data protection officers, and safeguarding staff
- Ask questions of the speakers during virtual office hours
- Access the recorded sessions after the workshop if you miss a session
- Strand A: Embedding a culture of privacy and managing data protection incidents
- Strand B: Protecting your school from information and cyber security threats
Who is this workshop for?
School board members, heads of schools, principals, IT leads/directors, data protection officers, safeguarding leads and child protection officers, CIS accreditation team evaluators.
Registration deadline: 23 February 2021
Fee: €500 (excluding VAT)
If your institution is not a CIS member and you are interested in this event, please email Jane Joyce.
- Members can visit the webinar library in the CIS Community portal for several webinars looking at different aspects of data protection, child protection, safeguarding, well-being, and more.
- Read latest thinking and guidance around data protection, cybersecurity and safeguarding on the CIS Perspectives blog.