DATA PROTECTION, Cybersecurity & Safeguarding WORKSHOP
Date: 16–18 September 2020
Time: 09:00–13:00 Central European Time (CET) / 14:00–18:00 Indochina Time (ICT)
It is increasingly important for school leaders and educators to understand data protection and cybersecurity. It can be challenging to understand and navigate the actions they must take to comply with—and go beyond—new legal requirements. Increasingly, school leaders must also find the right balance between their child and data protection duties, which can add complexity.
This workshop is tailored to the needs of international schools to support them with these challenges. Workshop content is based on emerging data protection and cybersecurity research and draws on recent case studies. It provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to strengthen your school’s associated policies and procedures in line with CIS accreditation standards.
Join us to learn from experts in data protection, accreditation and child protection at CIS and 9ine.
New workshop content includes:
- Specific issues that have arisen as a result of the Coronavirus and remote and blended learning environments.
- A new strand focusing on cyber-security policies and practices.
- An optional action planning session after the workshop to apply what you’ve learned.
- Participants will have new ways and opportunities for networking and discussion.
- All sessions will be recorded.
- A resource pack with on-demand webinars and written guidance.
What else can you expect?
- Collaborate with international school leaders, data protection officers, and safeguarding staff to share, develop and learn from current data protection challenges facing schools.
- Gain knowledge and skills necessary to strengthen your data protection and safeguarding policies and procedures in line with CIS accreditation standards.
- Hear about a school self-assessment tool for alignment with CIS international accreditation and data protection and cybersecurity standards, plus guidance on how to evidence compliance with data protection law.
- Explore how IT systems in schools should be used to manage and record safeguarding risks to enable early identification of child protection concerns.
- Discover the connections and potential conflicts between data protection and child protection through scenario-based discussions.
- Learn about changes to data protection law and how these impact international school communities.
- Understand how to embed a culture of privacy, manage incidents and protect schools from cybersecurity threats.
Who is this workshop for?
School board members, heads of schools, principals, IT leads/directors, data protection officers, safeguarding leads and child protection officers, CIS accreditation team evaluators.
Registration deadline: 10 September 2020
Fee: €500 (excluding VAT)
If your institution is not a CIS member and you are interested in this event, please email Jane Joyce.
- Members can visit the webinar library in the CIS Community portal for several webinars looking at different aspects of data protection, child protection, safeguarding, well-being, and more.
- Read latest thinking and guidance around data protection, cybersecurity and safeguarding on the CIS Perspectives blog.