As another series of CIS child protection workshops draws to an end, I have been reflecting on what we have learned, what the impact of the workshops has been, and what some of the key challenges and questions are for schools going forwards. Here are some of the highlights.
DATA PROTECTION WORKSHOP | LEIDEN
Dates: 26 - 27 September 2019
Location: CIS Office, Schipholweg 113, 2316 XC Leiden, The Netherlands
Data protection, safeguarding and cybersecurity: Alignment with CIS accreditation standards
It is increasingly important for international schools to understand data protection and cybersecurity, yet leaders struggle to understand what actions are required and how to comply with new legal requirements such as GDPR. This new workshop has been designed and tailored to the needs of international schools to support them with this challenge. The workshop content is based on recent data protection and cybersecurity research and will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to strengthen your associated policies and procedures in line with CIS accreditation standards.
Who is this workshop for?
The Data Protection Workshop is designed for international school leaders, school data protection officers and safeguarding staff.
What can you expect?
- Experts in the fields of data protection, accreditation and child safeguarding will lead the workshop, including our new partners 9ine
- Interactive training allows participants to share, develop and learn from current data protection challenges facing schools.
- Learn about a CIS school ‘self-assessment’ for alignment with data protection and cybersecurity standards along with guidance on how to evidence compliance with data protection law
- Explore how IT systems in schools should be used to manage and record child protection risks enabling early identification of concerns
- Child protection and safeguarding sessions will delve into the connections and potential conflicts between data protection and child protection
- Get the latest information about changes to data protection law and how these impact international school communities
- Understand how to process and disclose personal data related to safeguarding and child protection
- Keynotes, presentations, workshops sessions and a social reception are all included
How to register
Registration is open to international school leaders, school data protection officers and safeguarding staff.
Registration deadline: 20 September 2019
Since GDPR became law in the EU with its long-reaching global tentacles, our online world has been flooded with pop-up windows. At their top, a small checkbox followed by lengthy text (or a link to it). How many of us quickly check the box to get the window to go away as soon as possible? Often, I wonder, “Does anyone actually read the text that follows below?”
Schools globally are celebrating Safer Internet Day today with the theme: together for a better internet.