DATA PROTECTION WORKSHOP | Bangkok
Dates: 3–4 March 2020
Location: NIST International School, Bangkok, Thailand
Due to increasing concerns around the outbreak and spread of the Coronavirus we are cancelling this event. If you are already registered for this event, your event registration fees will be refunded shortly. We are contacting all registered participants with information and guidance. We will keep our members updated with information as we do our best to reschedule this event once conditions improve.
Data protection, safeguarding and cybersecurity: Alignment with CIS accreditation standards
It is increasingly important for international schools to understand data protection and cybersecurity, yet leaders struggle to understand what actions are required and how to comply with new legal requirements such as GDPR. This new workshop has been designed and tailored to the needs of international schools to support them with this challenge. The workshop content is based on recent data protection and cybersecurity research and will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to strengthen your associated policies and procedures in line with CIS accreditation standards.
Who is this workshop for?
The Data Protection Workshop is designed for international school leaders, school data protection officers and safeguarding staff.
What can you expect?
- Bringing together international school leaders, data protection officers, safeguarding staff
- This workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to strengthen your data protection and safeguarding policies and procedures in line with CIS accreditation standards
- A training programme tailored to the needs of international schools and based on recent data protection and cyber security research
- Led by data protection, accreditation and child protection experts from 9ine Consulting and CIS
- Interactive training that will allow participants to share, develop and learn from current data protection challenges facing schools
- Participants will learn about a school ‘self-assessment’ for alignment with data protection and cyber security standards in CIS data protection along with guidance on how to evidence compliance with data protection law
- Participants will learn how IT systems in schools should be used to manage and record safeguarding risks to enable early identification of child protection concerns
- The safeguarding sessions will explore the connections and potential conflicts between data protection and child protection
- Participants will learn about changes to data protection law and how these impact international school communities
- The training will provide information on how to process and disclosure safeguarding / child protection related personal data
Information relating to Thai Data Protection Law (PDPA) will be provided for schools attending from within Thailand