Global Citizenship and Intercultural Learning Foundation Workshop
Date: 11–13 October 2022
Time: 09:30–15:15 Central European Summer Time (CEST) | Convert to your time zone
Unsure of your schedule and ability to attend live? Access recordings and materials for on-demand participation.
Explore new research to advance your understanding and practice of global citizenship and intercultural learning
At this three-day workshop, you will develop an understanding of the components of global citizenship and intercultural learning and how these differ and intersect.
Using our research-based model of global citizenship, you can examine your school’s practices while learning about effective examples of global citizenship and intercultural teaching and learning across the CIS global community. You’ll hear stories from school leaders, educators, and students and enjoy plenty of collaboration to advance your thinking, reflect on associated practice, evaluate progress, and decide on your next steps, whatever your school’s context.
Questions you’ll explore:
- What are the components of global citizenship and intercultural learning?
- How do these intersect?
- What are some of the key competences of global citizenship and intercultural learning?
- How might you use continua of thinking and practice to advance global citizenship and intercultural learning in your school?
You can expect to:
develop an understanding of the components of global citizenship and intercultural learning and how these differ and intersect
examine and apply continua of thinking and practice for global citizenship and intercultural learning to determine your school’s current placement along these continua, evaluate progress, and determine next steps
learn from leaders, practitioners, and students in CIS member schools as they share examples of their thinking and practice towards implementing global citizenship and intercultural learning
discover how the CIS model provides a roadmap to develop global citizenship programmes, evaluate your work, and can be used as part of your process when seeking consensus to do more
receive answers to your questions during a live Q&A with the speakers
Speakers & facilitators at the event
Plus a student panel joining us from:
- Pathways School Gurgaon, India
- Ivanhoe Grammar School, Australia
- International School of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
How to register
Who is this workshop for?
School leaders, teachers, curriculum coordinators, global citizenship/intercultural learning coordinators, service-learning coordinators, sustainable development coordinators.
CIS member school
Registration Deadline: 5 October 2022
Fee: €500 (excluding VAT)
- The CIS model for global citizenship and intercultural learning Socially responsible leadership: Taking a closer look
- Unpacking a model of global citizenship and intercultural understanding for our sustainability and well-being
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and languages: What are the connections?
- Decolonising the curriculum
- Three themes for schools and universities to support international student transitions across cultures
- More about global citizenship at CIS