Inclusion via diversity, equity & anti-racism Deep Dive Workshop: Cultivating Inclusion for Diverse Genders and Sexualities
Date: 27–28 March 2023
Time: 09:00–15:30 Central European Summer Time (CEST) | Convert to your time zone
Unsure of your schedule and ability to attend live? Access recordings and materials for on-demand participation.
We’ll begin this workshop by exploring how cultivating belonging for LGBTQ+ individuals is a cornerstone of safeguarding, human rights, global citizenship, and inclusion through diversity, equity, and anti-racism. Then, we’ll examine the cultural and legal environments across countries using scenarios to map concrete steps for CIS school members to advance LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We’ll do this with the professional guidance and expertise of school leaders, subject-matter experts, and CIS school voices.
All educators, leaders, and staff at CIS schools are welcome to join us—LGBTQ-identified individuals and their supporters—regardless of where your school is on its inclusion journey.
Together, we’ll strengthen LGBTQ+ advocacy through community collaboration.
Choose one of two learning strands
Strand A: Leading a whole-school approach to cultivating LGBTQ+ inclusion
For leaders to learn about inclusive systems design and policies and how to create infrastructure and nurture a community in this cognitively demanding work, and sustain practice by leading others.
Strand B: Nurturing LGBTQ+ belonging in a learning community through inclusive practices
For educators who seek to champion LGBTQ+ inclusion through their engagement with students and families. You’ll engage with ideas and tools to enhance how you nurture LGBTQ+ belonging through your learning and teaching practices.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
- built upon learnings from the I-DEA Foundation Workshop to develop a common understanding of the role of proactive support for LGBTQ+ community members
- explored inclusive practices through the lenses of:
- a school’s guiding statements,
- the cultural and legal landscape of each school's context, parameters, and limitations
- well-being: safeguarding and identity-based harm
- the CIS model for global citizenship, human rights, and inclusion, via diversity, equity, and anti-racism (I-DEA)
- learning and teaching
- developed strategies for engagement and accountability throughout a learning community as advocates for LGBTQ+ inclusion and to cultivate belonging and safeguarding for all
- mapped a series of actions that your community can take to impact systems and structures, school culture, and norms, to promote behaviours that cultivate LGBTQ+ inclusion and belonging
Speakers & facilitators at the event
How to register
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is part of the CIS Inclusion through Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism (I-DEA) learning series and builds on our I-DEA Foundation Workshop. We designed it for school leaders, educators, social emotional counsellors, university guidance counsellors, plus our evaluators, affiliated consultants and supporting members.
CIS member school
Registration Deadline: 20 March 2023
Fee: €550 (excluding VAT)
Registration has closed
It doesn’t stop there!
Join a follow-up session on 31 August 2023 to reflect, reconnect, and advance what you’ve learned.
Our support for you and this work continues after the workshop ends; we look forward to welcoming you back for a half-day follow-up session.
By August, you may have taken courageous risks already, spent time thinking more deeply, or feel ready to take your next steps. Wherever you are on this journey, you are invited to join, share, listen, and learn.