Inclusion via diversity, equity & anti-racism Deep Dive Workshop
Date: 19–20 September 2023
Time: 09:00–15:30 Central European Summer Time (CEST) | Convert to your time zone
Unsure of your schedule and ability to attend live? Access recordings and materials for on-demand participation.
Inclusive & equitable human resource practices
Your school’s commitment to inclusion through diversity, equity, and anti-racism (I-DEA) is underpinned by your approach to recruiting, selecting, and developing a more diverse team of school leaders and teachers.
In this workshop, you’ll learn key aspects of equitable and inclusive staff recruitment and selection practices. You’ll also learn how hiring practices are changing to achieve these new standards.
We’ll show you how clearly defined I-DEA values within your guiding statements will steer the development and implementation of more equitable human resource policies and structures.
With plenty of expert guidance and practical knowledge, you’ll be able to return to school and start implementing what you’ve learned.
By the end of this workshop, you will have:
- examined your school’s human resource practices and explored strategies to strengthen I-DEA values in alignment with your school’s purpose and direction
- strategised ways to secure the commitment of leadership and governance to advocate and financially support, inclusive, equitable and safer recruitment and retention practices
- learned how to develop inclusive, equitable and safer recruitment and selection policy and processes
- explored how to implement context-specific I-DEA-driven recruitment and selection practices and how to cultivate an inclusive, equitable, and thriving school culture to sustain staff retention
- identified strategies to address unconscious bias and cultural norms that can perpetuate inequitable and exclusive recruitment practices
- determined success criteria and tools to monitor, document, measure, and report progress of I-DEA-driven human resource practices
- connected with human resource experts and schools in your region to share strategies and practices to inspire next steps
Speakers & facilitators at the event
Head of School
International School of Hamburg, Germany
Head of School
Vientiane International School, Laos
How to register
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is part of the CIS Inclusion through Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism (I-DEA) learning series and builds on our I-DEA Foundation Workshop. We designed it for school leaders, principals, administrators, middle leaders, HR directors and coordinators, board members and owners, I-DEA (DEI) leads.
CIS member school
Registration Deadline: 12 September 2023
Fee: €550 (excluding VAT)