Leading Schools Interculturally Workshop
Date: 8 - 9 April 2019
Location: Council of International Schools, Leiden, The Netherlands
An innovative new workshop for international school leaders and educators who are leading the development of global citizenship in schools. The workshop will help you further develop your skills to effectively lead diverse schools utilizing an individualized intercultural leadership approach. You will assess the current state of how your school develops of global citizenship and identify steps to move ahead.
Whether you’ve been a school leader for one year or 25 years, participation in this interactive workshop will help you to refine your intercultural leadership skills and understand how to effectively apply them within your unique school community.
- Understand the interplay between culture and your leadership style.
- Build awareness of how other cultures view leadership.
- Understand the developmental levels of intercultural competence.
- Assess how well your school is addressing global citizenship and start building an action plan.
Questions the workshop will help you answer include:
- How can you as a leader address the multiple cultures that exist in international schools?
- In what ways can you and your school leaders adapt to other cultures and still maintain your own cultural identity?
- In what ways can intercultural competence affect the climate and culture in your school?
- How can I help my school move forward in the development of global citizens?