Global Citizenship & Your School
Based upon years of experience working with diverse school communities in more than 100 countries, we have seen the challenges in bringing together staff, students and parents from multiple cultures. These challenges impact the ability of leaders to influence their community and for educators to effectively collaborate.
We help schools develop their leaders and teachers while evaluating their educational strategy to discover new ways to live their mission. We help you engage your teachers, leaders, students, and the larger community in intentional work leading to practical development and intercultural learning.
What actions will impact your staff and community?
- Develop and refine your leadership skills to excel in a diverse environment and avoid surprises.
- Uncover biases that can negatively impact your community and school programmes.
- Measure your intercultural competence and identify strategies to make improvements.
- Evaluate your mission and strategy for school development.
- Explore the impact of your programmes and provide guidance on how to enhance intercultural learning.
How can we support you?
- Tackling racism workshop series—focus on implicit biases, intercultural competencies, and structures and systems.
- Leading school interculturally—a course for school leaders - completed as an individual or with a group at your school
- CIS Culture & Learning Survey—a practical tool to help your school community understand how cultural diversity can influence teaching and learning.
- Workshops for your school—our team of CIS Affiliated Consultants can help school communities navigate aspects of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Intercultural competence and Intercultural learning through onsite or virtual customized workshops for your school.
Sign-up to receive updates and learn more.
- Unpacking a model of global citizenship and intercultural understanding for our sustainability and well-being
- Beyond 2020: Improving the values and actions of international education worldwide
- Cultural responses to a worldwide pandemic: Five things we can learn from one another
- Leading schools interculturally
Read more about global citizenship across our community on the CIS Perspectives blog.