27 - 28 January 2020
Save the date!
CIS Symposia on Intercultural Learning | Leiden and Singapore 2020
What does intercultural understanding and its practical application look like in international schools? At our 2020 Symposia, we get straight to the heart of the matter, learning about both the latest research and practical ideas for participants to incorporate within their school communities.
Our presenters represent both university and school communities who share their expertise, latest research and successful practice during interactive sessions that are tailored for our CIS international school community.
The fee for a CIS Symposium is €500.
Registration is not yet open.
27 - 28 January 2020
7 - 8 February 2020
Save the date!
Call for session proposals
Do you have insights or practical examples of success that support the development of intercultural learning across the international school community? We want to hear from you! Please send us your session proposal by Monday 23 September.
The selection committee encourages presentations from these groups:
- University faculty, researchers, or doctoral students
- School leaders or teachers conducting action research
- School leaders or teachers engaged in innovative and proven practice as evidenced through sound assessment measures
Your session proposal should consider topics related to the development of intercultural learning within the following categories:
Leading Schools Interculturally: A school’s foundation and strategy for developing global citizens
Designed for: school leaders and others responsible for leading the strategic development of global citizenship
- Agreeing on key terms: international mindedness, intercultural learning, intercultural competence, global citizenship, etc.
- Crafting and assessing guiding statements and school policies and procedures related to intercultural learning/global citizenship
- Designing a successful staffing and professional development plan that promotes effective intercultural learning/ development of global citizenship
- Hiring for and developing a team to model intercultural leadership and promote intercultural learning/development of global citizenship
- Defining big picture KPIs for intercultural learning/development of global citizenship
Developing Global Citizens through Co-Curricular Programs: Making intercultural learning explicit and meaningful
Designed for: CAS coordinators, Service Learning Coordinators, Co-curricular and Activities Coordinators, Community Outreach Coordinators, Assessment Coordinator, Curriculum coordinators, Educators responsible for global citizenship development
Creating sustainable service learning/community engagement programs that promote the development of global citizens.
Designing an environmentally sustainable school environment linked to students’ responsibility and learning.
Offering virtual or on the ground co-curricular programs which focus on global and local connections and perspectives.
Capitalizing on students’ leadership skills, passions and interests to develop, implement and assess co-curricular program impact and learning.
Assessing the impact of students’ intercultural co-curricular learning
Submitting your session proposal
The Call for Session Proposals for our Symposia on Intercultural Learning is now open.
The deadline for submission is Monday 23 September 2019. Though sessions should be based in research or proven practice, this is NOT a traditional research conference with white paper presentations, thus sessions should be interactive and provide practical ideas for school leaders.