Tackling Racism Workshop: Establishing Structures and Systems to Tackle Racism and Promote Equity in our Schools and Universities
- Option 1: 30 November 2020, 10:00–12:30 (CET) | 17:00–19:30 (SST) | 20:00–22:30 (AEST)
- Option 2: 1 December 2020, 16:00–18:30 (CET) | 10:00–12:30 (EST)
Where do you perceive, or does data indicate, inequity in your school or university? How do you surface often hidden inequity? Where do we begin in addressing the complex and sensitive issues of power, privilege, equity and racism?
Many of your schools and universities face issues in this area, and in diverse ways.
During this workshop, you will collaborate in job-alike groups to apply the following learning outcomes to your own institutions.
- Understand who holds privilege in your school or university and who does not.
- Recognize the structures and systems within your own school or university that promote inequity.
- Know strategies to tackle racism in order to address inequities in your school or university.
- Equip all students with strategies to tackle issues of racism and inequity as they transition from school to higher education.
Note: We are running this workshop twice—on 30 November and 1 December—so that you can choose the time/date option that best suits your time zone.
This new workshop is part of a series to help you tackle racism in your schools and universities.